2006 Nissan Maxima aux input options?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Ok, I need a auxiliary input for my Maxima. It has the Bose audio system.

I want to retain the factory head unit, but I need an input for a mp3 player (not ipod).

I have seen and read about the iSimple ipod interface system which also has a 3.5mm input. While this seems like a good option, I neither have an Ipod, or need to control the player through the HU. This is also a very expensive solution. The cheapest I have found all the stuff is $140, for the kit and sub harness. There has to be something cheaper.

The car currently has the 6 disc CD changer, but not the SAT radio.

I know that its posible to splice a jack into the CD changer wiring, allowing for input, but this would cause the changer not to function, and Im not willing to go that route.

Here is my thinking. The HU is set up to accept satalite radio. This means there is an input on the HU that accepts some sort of signal. Im guessing that the HU does not decode the Sat signal, it only receives it from a Sat receiver. This leads me to believe that the signal would likely be normal audio.

So in theory I should be able to wire up a set of RCAs to input audio directly into the HU. Then I could just connect a 3.5 jack to the RCAs.

IIRC The Bose head unit has a common 8 pin connector which is used for the SAT input. Does anyone make an input for this 8 pin, or will I have to make my own. There has to be something out there.

Toby, as always, Im looking to you for this one. And if there is no cheaper solution, I am assuming you can get me the iSimple setup at a decent price.

PS, the alarm in my truck still works great.

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

You would be looking at about $80 shipped for the PXAUX and the vehicle specific cable(PGHNI1). You can try to do the input thing on the SAT input, but I doubt it will work. Most of the time the audio level is way off and/or you may get some bad interference. Never hurts to try first though.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”