2006 M45 new pics

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

So I took the car out today and took a few pics:

D2 Racing coilovers installed.

SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
Car: 2006 M45s, GSXR 1000

looks clean I cant wait to paint my engine covers!

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

Really nice looking-errr, sick! It's got gills too! I really like it.

mgokool
Car: 2006 M35x

Looking really good!! :dblthumb:

bicsintegra
Car: '06 Infiniti M35
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

luv it the stance is amazing!

kermit the guy
Car: 2008 infinity M35 Sport

lookin good mang !!!! looking good !

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

very clean!! Great work.

have you thought of 'slightly' smoking the taillights???? :biggrin:

I can't say it more than enough...diamond graph is a great color!!!

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

I just gotta' say again; a really clean machine. Some on this list mod their's into the ozone. But this (in my perception) is a prime example of really prime artistic work.

06M4.5

mgokool wrote:Looking really good!! :dblthumb:
Thanks mgokool
You & robert and I need to take some pics together before winter comes, maybe at a future show ( Black II on Oct. 1st or Metro body & fender Oct. 22nd)
SiMpLyMoDiFiEd wrote:looks clean I cant wait to paint my engine covers!
Thanks SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
Just make sure you clean all the covers as best as you can before giving them to the auto body shop.
bicsintegra wrote:luv it the stance is amazing!
Thanks bicsintegra
I'll adjust the coilovers when I drive her for a few miles. I'm trying to have the fender lips somewhat even with the top of the tires. With the pics above the car has less than 1/2 a tank. I live in pot-hole city and always having the family with me most of the time I can't do any slamage. She does look much better when the family is in the car (she starts to tuck the tires).

kermit the guy wrote:lookin good mang !!!! looking good !
Thanks Kermit the guy
I think she's done.

CPJ LB wrote:very clean!! Great work.

have you thought of 'slightly' smoking the taillights???? :biggrin:

I can't say it more than enough...diamond graph is a great color!!!
Thanks CPJ LB
It took me almost a year to get her to this point. From the start I wanted to have a clean look which I have done to most of my past cars.

Cops have a ball giving out tickets for tinted taillights around here. I'll keep the clean oem look.

And as for the Diamond Graghite I was told by Infiniti that it's the #1 color for 2006 thru 2008 M's.
Last edited by 06M4.5 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

06M4.5

antzrus wrote:I just gotta' say again; a really clean machine. Some on this list mod their's into the ozone. But this (in my perception) is a prime example of really prime artistic work.

antzus I wished I had a few of those while in school but the truth is I'm not very smart. :frown:

JasonR
Car: 06 M45 Sport

Looking real good bro!!

06M4.5

Thanks JasonR

Here's one more:

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

simply AWESOME...

too bad about the cops crack'n down on tinted taillights...I guess you gotta move to Cali!!! :chuckle:

by the way, hope you were in the clear during the recent hurricane (I think you're in Jersey..?)

we have relatives in CT, so we were glued to the news all weekend.

kermit the guy

hey you got a closer look of how low you are in the front , just want to see if im the same i wanna go lower in the front with mine , my rears tuck almost to rim ! love the piks mang !!!!

mexillis
Car: M45s

set your height from the ground to the fenders at 26", good enough for clearing most things except steep inclines or big speed bumps

MasterFoo
Car: 2007 M35X Black with Bourbon interior

Very nice, I have M-nvy now, especially the engine bay. What type of paint did you use? high temp?

And I recognize that site, I took my car pics there when I was selling my last car. :dblthumb:

SIK L
Car: 04 SVT Lightning
07 M35 Sport

Perfect drop. Great job.

Got my tail lights painted a transparent black w/ a few layers of clear recently, but in Florida the law is that your tail lights have to be visible from 1000ft away. I would love to see a cop pull me over and go 2/10 of a mile behind me just to validate :)

lovemycarM35
Car: 2014 Lexus GS 350
With F-Sport Package
Nebula Gray
19" wheels
12.3 inch display
Navigation

Dam that's a sexy M

06M4.5

CPJ LB wrote:simply AWESOME...

too bad about the cops crack'n down on tinted taillights...I guess you gotta move to Cali!!! :chuckle:

by the way, hope you were in the clear during the recent hurricane (I think you're in Jersey..?)

we have relatives in CT, so we were glued to the news all weekend.
Thanks CPJ LB

I was here for the storm (Jersey), we got alot of rain. 2 days later after the airports opened I went on vacation to Puerto Rico with the family. Just got back today. Hope everything with your relatives in CT are okay.
kermit the guy wrote:hey you got a closer look of how low you are in the front , just want to see if im the same i wanna go lower in the front with mine , my rears tuck almost to rim ! love the piks mang !!!!
Plans are to have the top of tire even with fender lip. I haven't driven her much due to the storm and just getting back from vacation. Due to bad roads and having the family in the car all the time I'm limited to how low I can go.
mexillis wrote:set your height from the ground to the fenders at 26", good enough for clearing most things except steep inclines or big speed bumps
Mex 26" maybe the magic number but I have to work on the front inner fender, looks like a lip under the liners needs to be worked on so It won't rub on the center of the tire. Not good from Infiniti.

06M4.5

SIK L wrote:Perfect drop. Great job.

Got my tail lights painted a transparent black w/ a few layers of clear recently, but in Florida the law is that your tail lights have to be visible from 1000ft away. I would love to see a cop pull me over and go 2/10 of a mile behind me just to validate :)
Thanks SIK L

I'm still working on the drop and my rear tail lights will stay clear for now. it gives the DG some color.
lovemycarM35 wrote:Dam that's a sexy M
thanks lovemycarM35

Just trying to keep her as clean as possible without going over-board.

The Bodyguard
Car: 08 M35 black loaded custom VIPDOUT
08 G35s sold 92k miles
08 M45s-sold 78k miles
07 M35-traded 53k miles
95 J30-sold 155k miles
Location: Cypress, TX (Houston) o.g. from southern cali (North Hollywood)!!

Nicely done!! VERY NICELY DONE!! :biggrin: :mike

06M4.5

Thanks Bodyguard

mexillis

Since you have co's what is your height from the center of the fender to the ground? Also can you measure how much clearance you have in the rear from the closest point of the tire to the inside fender if any? Just wondering how much space you have with the wheel specs you have now that your dropped lower than before. Thx in advance.

mexillis

06M4.5 wrote:Mex 26" maybe the magic number but I have to work on the front inner fender, looks like a lip under the liners needs to be worked on so It won't rub on the center of the tire. Not good from Infiniti.
just saw this the other day was thinking the same thing. let me know what you do to it, shave it down, or whatever needs to be done without damaging integrity of that spot.

kermit the guy

my front tires are already even with the fender

06M4.5

mexillis wrote:Since you have co's what is your height from the center of the fender to the ground? Also can you measure how much clearance you have in the rear from the closest point of the tire to the inside fender if any? Just wondering how much space you have with the wheel specs you have now that your dropped lower than before. Thx in advance.

The car is sitting about 26.5" from ground to fender lip (with only half a tank of gas), as seen in above pics. That would be about .50" lower than the H-Tech springs (with a full tank of gas).

I would like to be around 26.25" because of the bad roads and having the family in the car all the time. I feel that 26" is just to low for this area.

I'm hoping to work on the front this Sat. I was told that the lip should be banged as flat as possible. I should have the #'s you need by this weekend.

I'm surprised that no one talks about the lip in the fender rubbing on the top center of the tire when going low on the M's. :confused:

mexillis

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I think since the liner covers the metal lip no one really see's it. I noticed it barely a month ago and that's bcuz my liner became loose from the snaps coming off somehow and when I fixed it I noticed that area and thought it doesn't look safe especially with passengers that can weigh it down more. Are you just gona use a BFH or apply some heat and hit it with a hammer?

06M4.5

I'm going to put some cuts in it and then heat it up and hit it with a hammer. I think with the cuts and doing a little at a time should be easier.

I'll spray it with a coat of undercoating when finished.

I'm also cutting the liner at the same spot as this will give me another .25"- .50" of space.

I'll be happy with 26.25" but when the family sits in the car it should be lower than 26" and even lower when the tank is full. I like to see a little rake

mexillis

Cool, I'm gona have to do something about that spot too since I will be on air suspension soon. Why are you gona cut the liner? It is flexible and right now I'm at 26", with passengers lower and I don't feel any rubbing while driving. Also blanco was at like 25" when he had the coilovers n he never had any problems that I know of.

06M4.5

It maybe that I'm running big tires 245/35, also rear is 285/30. I'm sure if I had smaller tires the car would be sitting around the 26" mark with a full tank.

Or that the roads I drive on are that bad. I have small cuts on the center of my front 2 tires. Most of them have been from high speed (+1XXmph) and then braking and hitting a pot hole or a dip making the front some-what dive.

Well my goal would be 26.25" with a little rake having 39psi in each tire with a full tank of gas and the trunk empty. And keeping my big tires.

I'm cutting the liner because I don't want to hear any rubbing at all.

What size tires are you running?

And have you worked on the lower liner under the motor?
My liner was warp and almost 1.50" from the ground. So instead of removing it I trimmed it at it's lowest point.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”