2005 Nissans over Atlanta; post your favorite NOPI memory.

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I thought it would be cool to compile a few of our moments and stories because we wont remember them in months to come......

heres a few things that I remember as outstanding or that I learned..

1. Me and ryan getting there and having to sleep on the floor... less than ideal after a 12 hour day.... When we get into the room, we start moving stuff around, the chairs on the TV, table in front of the door... The house keepers had to come in there and think "what the HELL happened in there" Not to mention 6 people in one hotel room, that was nice and cozy...

2. Friday morning at 4am... Mark was over there sawing down a forest (and then playing with the chainsaw after he was done ), greg saying "you want another pillow dude, your KILLIN me here......"

3. Friday morning when all of us are up and we already hvae our cars washed, Greg and torry coming down half asleep saying "you guys are freaking ninja's"

4. I am the whitest person on the face of the earth.

5. Rex driving around his silvia... A truely emotional nissan experience...

6. Darrin's joke at the dinner table... The one about R Kelly, which in turn made me spit out my salad

7. Almost getting pummelled by a 7000LB Suburban..... They say my face was priceless.

8. My driving skills, and taking Dr. Rex for a tour of a little sub division... Its amazing how well people drive from the passenger seats!!!!!

9. Ryan can BS his way out of anything, and he is also quite the *******!: NO, MY CAR DOESNT HAVE NAV!!!!!!!

10. Never ask "why would someone [insert mod]".. The answer is always, WHY NOT!

11. People asking me how my butt is today (you will know what im talking about if you were with me on sunday morning)...

S14-NEO
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx RB25 NEO powered

LMAO!!!....he also said he was about to go homesidal on my ***..lol

S14-NEO

i dont know if i would say this is my favorite memory but ill never forget it.i went out early friday morning tip toeing out the room (LIKE A NINJA)..lol... And i went out to find the car wash first at 6AM. i drove around for a freaking hour and a half trying to find a car wash only to later find out after i spoke with at least 15 people for directions to the closest car wash by people who could barely speak english only to find it was around the corner from the hotel all of us were staying at...GRRRRR. guess i should have gone the other way...lmao

PSGAL05
Car: Acura RSX type S

ahh poor wes....Sunday was a rough day for ya!!!

S14-NEO

yeah Wes, I bet you would have paid BIG for a box of puff's with Lanlolin...ROFLMAO

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Let's just say that Wes's new nickname is DumpMasta Dubya!

PSGAL05
Car: Acura RSX type S

Poor Wes!!! Props for hanging in there!!

My favorite memory of NOPI.... Finally getting to meet Greg! Ur are the best man!!! Thanks for EVERYTHING!!! Even though u had me tearing up a bit

All the NICO guys are the best...Like a great big family!! And nothing brings ya close like a room with Torry, Wes,Ryan,Greg,and Mark...LOL

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

A few moments that really stand out for me:

Initial meetings, for all the folks I'd never met before. It's always SO awesome to put a face with a screen name, and it seemed like everyone there greets everyone with a handshake and a hug. THAT'S family.

Going for a ride on Friday around AMS in the world's nicest remaining '65 Silvia. That car makes me emotional, and the smells / sounds take me back to another time and place. Thank you Rex.

Seeing a SEA of NICO shirts, and not once did I see a person wearing a NICO shirt "rolling solo" - there were always 2 or more, which tells me something about our people.

Having people come up and tell me how helpful the forums have been - Makes me proud to be affiliated with you guys.

Meeting Lauren and Mark, sharing memories and joking about Paul. God bless you buddy, we miss ya, dammit.

Watching Wes run to the bathroom for the eighteenth time Sunday morning.

Seeing Liz walk in to dinner Friday night and simply TAKING OVER with her personality and charm - and then single-handedly making sure NO ONE at the event left without knowing who we are and what we're about. You're NICOchic for life, girl. Welcome to the family.

Talking to Slim - 'Nuff said. You are a gem, my friend.

Hearing that we won the Club Participation award, and seeing that you guys were more excited than me. Absolutely amazing.

Watching new members, old members, and non-members treat each other with love, respect, and acceptance - I'm proudest of the fact that everyone GETS IT: NICO is about the people.

There are SO many more, I'll keep posting them.....

projectka-t
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx

I have to say the R. Kelly joke was the best one liner of the weekend! but it was a blast to see all of the ppl who I have had the pleasure of speaking with online! I cant wait for more meetings and more memories...

navysnail
Car: 1990 240sx fastback

watching the sun rise and set at the speedway...

the drifting was definatly neat

wes on sunday morning

waiting for the awards sunday afternoon...

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

S14MARKSR wrote:yeah Wes, I bet you would have paid BIG for a box of puff's with Lanlolin...ROFLMAO
Hell even aloe would have been just fine!!!!

I forgot to mention slim.. maybe because i already know him so well... This dude is off in his own little world and doesnt give a crap about what anybody thinks... I could seriously hang out with this dude every day and always have something new to do or say.
psgal wrote:And nothing brings ya close like a room with Torry, Wes,Ryan,Greg,and Mark...LOL
Aint that the truth.. I had the fear of being kicked by you, having torry or greg step on me, and everyone else was doing the same thing... Im DEFININTELY glad im back in a bed, the floor sucks!!!!
bluebomb wrote:I have to say the R. Kelly joke was the best one liner of the weekend! but it was a blast to see all of the ppl who I have had the pleasure of speaking with online! I cant wait for more meetings and more memories...
Were you the dude sitting across from me????

HKSPWRDZ
Car: 350 Z aka NINJA-Z

Well I cant put it into words but here is my fav NOPI memory.

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

#1 "Dammit Bobby", Mike and Todd (my roomies from Alabama). These 3 guy are life-long friends, and treated me as if they had known me just as long.

#2 Tiffany and remix (it IS the shizzy) for Maxima Love (not THAT, gutter minds), and hanging out all weekend. Given the opprtunity to sign a guy's primered car (Toyota or Mitsu?), with chalk she wrote, "Should Have Bought A NISSAN." Nuff said!

#3 Being Greg's "Enabler."

#4 Liz, for REALLY getting NICO noticed.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Just one memory? Hmm, tough one..

I gotto say .. seeing long time member from KY scene Tiffany in a Bikini .

Very memorable..

Fred..

paemt6220
Car: 1997 Maxima SE 5MT - MODDED

1. Meeting all of you finally! I've talked to several of you on the phone and more by email and here but meeting all of you in person was awesome!

2. Having Dr. Rex tell me (in regards to some earlier emails), he was exicted to finally meet me in person! That is a true honor in my book. There were also some other things he said to me that were also an honor coming from him!

3. LIZ!! Her personality is what does it for me!!

4. Sunday I walked up to Darrin and told him "this may not be the fastest car, but there are alot of cars here and this is definently the most beautiful!" He asked to shake my hand, and said that was the best compliment he could ever ask for.

5. Seeing a big black guy with dreads almost cry!! Slim, you're the man!!

6. Experiencing(not just watching) the best scene from the Matrix in the one of the best mobile entertainment centers on the planet! Scott's Z is truely PUREVIL! Thanks man!

7. Sitting in the passenger seat of a SpecV, damn near drifting through a 90' turn, at an intersection, in virgina and 2:30am, in front of a cop!! Thanks Les! That SpecV can corner pretty well! Cop was cool though, he let us go!

And last but not least, Confirming that I am a member of THE GREATEST CAR CLUB ON EARTH

Chad

EDIT: I forgot one. Thank you to Fred! If he hadn't let Les and I take the SpecV down, we wouldn't have been there!!

Modified by paemt6220 at 11:55 PM 9/19/2005

PalmerWMD

Awesome Chad!! All that is hard to top!!

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Greg, so "well groomed" I hardly recognized him from pics on forums.

heelsfan007
Car: Black 2005 350Z Enthusiast 6MT

Before NOPI:1- Hitting 130 mph on the way to ATL.

2- Doing doughnuts in the parking lot beside the hotel just to show Brian the joys of RWD.

3- Getting to the Hampton at exactly 6:30am Saturday morning only to realize that we forgot our tickets at the Sheraton.

4- Getting to the Hampton at exactly 7:30am only to realize that the "second group" had already left.

5-Swearing a solemn vow never to use Mapquest ever again.

At NOPI:1- Seeing all those Nissans parked in one area. Huge props to everyone involved, especially Mods and Admins. for making the NICO area really stand out.

2- Being a total newbie to the site, but still feeling like I belonged while parking and hanging out around the NICO area. (I even manned the poster table for a little while.)

3- Meeting everyone, especially you Greg, you're the man, and you really made me feel welcome there (even though I know you didn't recognize my screen name when I told you. lol.)

4- The drifting/meeting Alex Pfieffer and Dai Yoshihara. Wow, it might look cool in videos and on tv, but nothing can prepare you for seeing it in real life. The best part was looking down and seeing little chunks of rubber all over my shirt. lol.

5- Shaking Hulk Hogan's hand--'nuff said.

6-Sitting in a Skyline--again, 'nuff said.

After NOPI:

1-Seeing a cop try to pull a car over for over a minute at 90mph, then realizing that the idiot must have been blind/deaf/both and deciding to just pull someone else instead.

2- Remembering, four states away, the "special prize" promised for finally registering and helping put NICO above FaSho in total registrations, but realizing that the whole experience was the real prize.

PalmerWMD

Heelsfan:

Was great to see you there!!

Looking forward to see you in our 350Z section too..

Fred...

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

damnit! next year...

DammitBobby
Car: S13 91 KA24DET

maxhopper97 wrote:#1 "Dammit Bobby", Mike and Todd (my roomies from Alabama). These 3 guy are life-long friends, and treated me as if they had known me just as long.

#2 Tiffany and remix (it IS the shizzy) for Maxima Love (not THAT, gutter minds), and hanging out all weekend. Given the opprtunity to sign a guy's primered car (Toyota or Mitsu?), with chalk she wrote, "Should Have Bought A NISSAN." Nuff said!

#3 Being Greg's "Enabler."

#4 Liz, for REALLY getting NICO noticed.
Hey it was nice meeting you Scott. I don`t think they could have picked a better roomate!! We had a great time and enjoyed your company!

Tiffany was a lot of fun to hang out as well. Her boyfriend had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to throw up!!

Vader
Car: 1998 Trans am, 1970 GTO, 2008 Acura TL-S, 1990 Miata Turbo

DammitBobby wrote:Hey it was nice meeting you Scott. I don`t think they could have picked a better roomate!! We had a great time and enjoyed your company!

Tiffany was a lot of fun to hang out as well. Her boyfriend had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to throw up!!

Ohhh, so that was your work in the bathroom.

Enjoyed it Scott, give us a call if you get to B'ham and we'll go establish another "purpose table".

xoxNICOchicxox

I would have to say that there is NO way to single out ONE memory. ALL of you are *so* awesome. Today on campus (all the way down at Georgia southern) I accually over heard some talk about this awesome "NICO club.." and how much they dominated NOPI! I was stoked! ... and when they noticed me..the face was PRICELESS! I <3 U guys! (and girls) thanks for being SOOOOO sweet, supportive, and helpful!

Greg....CHICKEN BUTT...too much to say about u..u rock

Chet/Torry... you will forever be my "holy cow we are walking ALL THE WAY back to B.F.G again" buddies! THANKS! Oh and sittin on top of the Yokohama trailer... TWICE...priceless

Scott... I'm still stealing your car! Your kids AND WIFE are awesome and too beautiful!

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

I'm trying to think of one dull moment, and I can't think of one.

But here are the memorable moments that truly stand out for me:

Friday night, at Roadhouse Grill, seeing a bunch of new faces, as well as old, and just hanging out with "the family".

Walking with Greg, Elizabeth, Liz, and Aliecia through the vendor area and having to stop every 2 mins because everyone there wanted the girls to pose for pictures.

Having people come up to me when I was away from the NICO tent and saying "you guys rock, I've never heard of you before, but I'm going to have to check out your site! You guys are incredible!"

The compliments we got from everyone, and the positive threads on NICO when I got home. Truly amazing.

maxima278
Car: 96 240SX SR20, 69 Ford Pickup, 99 Dodge Ram 1500, 1996 Nissan Maxima, 1997 Nissan Maxima project, 89 Coupe shell

I would have to say:

1) the drifting

2) meeting greg and a few others from the site

3)the nico models (don't tell my wife she'd kill me)

only regrets: not hanging out with the nico people enough!! I feel like I missed out, and I can't wait for the next meet

Stephanie
Car: 1996 Black 200sx SE-R, My Boyfriends 1996 White Turbo 200sx SE-R

This is my first post.. I enjoyed everything overall. Everyone was so nice and like family. Greg was the best He's the nicest person i ever met. And of course Mark and Lauren But i've known them. I hope to come to every event i can and to keep in touch with everyone from now on You all are GREAT!!!

NICO ROCKS!!!!

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

WOW!!!

Just hanging out with all of the new NICO people was great. I met a ton of great people and consider you all friends. NICO is truly about the people. The cars are a distant second.

However, I will never forget seeing Wes bolt out of the backseat of his Q as we were sitting in traffic. I am still laughing thinking about that. Priceless. I hope everything is OK in there buddy.

projectka-t
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx

Quote, originally posted by bluebomb » I have to say the R. Kelly joke was the best one liner of the weekend! but it was a blast to see all of the ppl who I have had the pleasure of speaking with online! I cant wait for more meetings and more memories...

Were you the dude sitting across from me????

ummm..yeah nice Salad!!!! LOL This is the Holden's.....we sat across from Forte and his wife...Jody? I think??

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

Getting to wear a NICO T-shirt.

Nuff said...

capwred

i guess people wantng to talk about my ca swap was very nice.everyone around here ask what is it or nice sr you have.and someone from this forum took a pic of it and post it on the front page.it will be clean next time with the new stuff on it.

Return to “Past NICO Events”