2003 FX45 window pinch

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
IronFistt
Car: 2003 Infitini FX45

Hey guys, I have an issue with my 03 fx45. I use the auto up for the passenger window and it hits the top and then travels down about a 1/3. I searched and found people talking about resetting via holding the switch up. I tried this from both the drivers and pass side with no luck. So I followed another thread that said to remove the door finisher and hit the mechanical reset switch. I pulled the passenger side door finisher off but I cant find the switch!!! Can someone point me to the switch. I have a picture of the door with the finisher off but I dont know how to attach it

IronFistt

alright, i got the image uploaded of the door

EdBwoy

You're right, newer Nissans don't have that reset button.

The owners manual should have that reset procedure, but try one of these:
1. general instructions
2. Infiniti M instructions

IronFistt

Thanks for the links EdBwoy. The instructions are basically the same as what I've tried. I've tried the procedure from both the drivers switch box as well as the passenger switch. I hear the click after holding it in the up position but it doesn't fix it. In fact, after the click, the down button doesn't work sometimes. At which point turning the car off and back on gets the switch to operate

EdBwoy

Sometimes the switch stops responding in one way as a result of a circuit breaker. Does the window rise and lower normally or does it seem like it's binding on something and moving slowly?

You might have done this already, but:
1. Try the procedure going DOWN first, then UP
2. Of course make sure while moving the window, you are using the manual/non-one touch mode... then hold the switch in the 2nd/one-touch position.

I should have asked, did something happen to the vehicle immediately after which this issue started?

IronFistt

Window rolls up and down pretty smoothly, no binding that's noticeable.

I didn't try the down procedure followed by the up procedure but I'll give that a try tonite when I get home. Is it recommended that I do it from the pass switch or drivers switch?

The only thing I've done to the car recently was to replace the cam (phase) sensor and an intake valve timing control sensor to fix a CEL issue.

IronFistt

I tried this last night. From the drivers switches, i brought the window down, once it got to the bottom, i pushed it into one touch mode and held it for 5 seconds. When I let go, i heard a click. Then i rolled it up and when it got to the top, i clicked it into one touch mode and held it for 5 seconds. Soon as i let go, the window rolled back down a third. I tried this several times except changed how long i hold the switch in one touch mode.. i tried 3, 5, 8, 10 seconds. All had the same issue with the window going back down soon as i let go of the switch.

I then tried the same thing from the passenger switch. After letting go of the one touch auto up, the window did not go down! I thought it worked, so i figured i would hit the window down button and try the auto up... but the switch stopped responding completely. I then had to go to the drivers side to control the passenger window. Once i did that, the passenger switch started working again but still had the same auto up issues.

Lastly, I had the drivers and pass window have a race from the bottom up. The passenger was slightly slower but nothing obvious that made me think its dragging. At this point, im at a loss

EdBwoy

See, that non-responsiveness of the switch is by design. Last time I looked into it for a 5.5 gen Maxima, it's an overload protection feature.

How about you try lubricating the tracks, just to see if it speeds up? My best guess is that something is dragging enough (either internal to the motor or somewhere else in the system) that your system is processing it as a pinch/obstruction. Check the tracks, especially near the top.

Then, have you tried the good olé overnight battery disconnect system reset?

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”