2001 vq35de P1110 cel - Sensor or Solenoid ??

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
CanuckQx4
Car: 2001.5 Qx4 2wd

Hey guys, I have a 2001.5 Qx4 with vq35de. I am getting a P1110 error code and not so great gas mileage.

This engine was just recently swapped in, about 1500miles on it since buying it from an engine importer (very low mileage, came from japanese manual pathfinder). The CEL will come on after a few short drives (I only do short drives actually) But will never come on instantly as the engine starts, it takes a while.

I have found no solid info on how to diagnose which part should be replaced for this. I believe there are 2 sensors, and 1 solenoid that could be the culprit. I read quite a few threads NISTECH wrote about it being the solenoid but that was people throwing p1145/p1135 codes.

2001-qx4-intake-valve-timing-control-po ... ml#1076338

I am curious if any others have any knowledge on the problem and what I should try and replace. I did remove ALL solenoid, and sensors from the blown engine I pulled out before I swapped in the new engine. I cannot confirm they dont have the same issue, I just pulled them and bagged them in the event I could use them down the road luckily, but I would love to save some money on the repair and try anything possible to pinpoint the problem.

Any input on exactly what I should be trying? Cheers :poke: :cry:

CanuckQx4
Car: 2001.5 Qx4 2wd

I swapped the drivers side and passenger side cam sensor, hoping the code would jum to the other bank and follow the sensor, but the same code P1110 returned after 2 short drives. Points to solenoid?

What are the odds BOTH engines Ive had in this vehicle would have a bunk solenoid and throw P1110 on both engines? Is that to coincidental and I may have a problem with wiring/ecm etc?

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”