06 M35, how to watch dvd while during?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
waldis

just got our 2006 m35x and we are loving it. i love the interior, nav, mp3 player, dvd player, bluetooth and etc....the interior is nice and comfortable. the ride is nice too.

just one question, i am sure there is a way so i can watch dvd and etc while the car is moving. probably just have to cut a few wires.

if you know how to make it work, please post here, thanks!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

waldis wrote:just got our 2006 m35x and we are loving it. i love the interior, nav, mp3 player, dvd player, bluetooth and etc....the interior is nice and comfortable. the ride is nice too.

just one question, i am sure there is a way so i can watch dvd and etc while the car is moving. probably just have to cut a few wires.

if you know how to make it work, please post here, thanks!
Welcome to NICO!

There are some threads on this very topic here in this forum. Please do a search for it and I am sure you will find it!

As always, please be safe when doing this ... personally, I am scared that somebody will watch a movie while driving and have an accident. Not good if that happen!

Z

szh

Found it! Here is the thread I remember: zerothread?id=139095

Z

waldis

thanks so much guys!! i am glad that i found this forum and i am looking forward to share and discuss my experience here.

szh

waldis wrote:thanks so much guys!! i am glad that i found this forum and i am looking forward to share and discuss my experience here.
That will be great!

Pictures and driving experiences are always welcome. Plus, discussions of problems always helps, since it gets other people looking for the same.

Z

jrosseau
Car: M35 Sport

I don't have pictures to share, but an experience I had my audio place do this for me about 3 weeks ago, and I love it. They charged about $300, and put in a switch that allows me to switch the functionality on and off.

When switched on, I can not only view DVDs while driving, but also get all of the functions on menus that are often greyed out while driving.

Its a great thing!

rebirth24

Let me get this straight (Im a little slow .. sorry). MES by default (No Hacking involved) will NOT play in the rear while the car is in motion ?

rpM35X
Car: Umbria/Wheat M35X with journey/tech

Do you know if this will work for the 2006 M35X? I am seriously considering doing it.

jshattner

It applies to any '06 M with Nav and DVD (5.1 in console). If you just have Nav without the 5.1 and/or only want all menus, it's a simpler hack than combining it with front DVD viewing.

scjconsulting
Car: 2009 G37x

I have been following this topic since it was first posted: not sure how to express my feelings, and finally came up with my answer.

I don't want to be anywhere around a driver who is watching as he drives.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

waldis wrote: i am sure there is a way so i can watch dvd and etc while the car is moving. probably just have to cut a few wires.
Surely you are joking? Hope you don't live in TX if you are not.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”