My life for the past 2 years (powerlines old vert)

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
holemilk00

First off, let me say I got this car in March of 07 when a friend of mine worked at Mazworx and knew one of the guys at autosport that had the car for sale. My buddy bought it and couldn't get it to run right, so I drove to Orlando and bought the car off him, and limped it back to NC. The car wouldn't rev past 4500rpms, the windows didn't work because the door swap was never wired correctly, the top didn't work because the 5spd swap wasn't wired correctly, the radio didn't work because it wasn't wired correctly, the coolant fan was ran on a toggle switch hanging in the front bumper of the car, and a whole host of other problems that would reveal themselves to me later in the build. Now I have spoken with powerline on other forums, and I know he has told me the car was in good shape when he owned it, so this must be a case of the car falling into the wrong hands between him and my friend and I. I can only speak for what I have experienced with the car. Most of you know the build story of the car the first go around. We'll I have built the car once already and am currently tearing completely down again.

Here is the first build and pics.

Build list

Car-

1993 Nissan 240sx SE convertible

Motor-

Bored/honed w/ torque plates .20 overOil squirters shampenedKnife edged and shaved crankBalanced rotating assemblyForged eagle rodsCp forged .20 over pistonsCometic .051 metal head gasketClevite bearing setARP main kitNismo motor mounts

Head-

DeckedPorted and polishedThree angle valve job.50 Over stainless valvesSupertech springs and retainersARP head studsBC 272 camsClevite bearings

Turbo set up-

SLS top mount manifoldGarrett GT3071R turboHPI intercoolersTiAL 38mm wastegateTiAL bovCustom charge pipesCustom downpipeBEE*R exhaust

Intake set up-

Q45 90mm throttle bodyExcessive intake manifold match ported

Fuel system-

Aeromotive A1000 fuel pumpAeromotive fprAeromotive fuel filterJGY fuel railPercision 850cc injectorsAEM peak and hold injector controller

Drive Train-

5 spd conversionATS twin disk clutchFidanza flywheelDriveshaft shop aluminum driveshaftCircuit sport short shifterTomei 2way lsdNismo transmission mountDriveshaft shop 675hp axles

Suspension-

Stance GR+ coiloversST anti-sway barsCusco rucasCusco toe barsCusco caster barsNismo front power braceEnergy suspensions bushing kitEnergy suspension sub frame bushingsGreddy strut braces front and rear5 lug conversion

Engine management and monitoring-

AEM EMSAEM serial port gaugesGreddy turbo timer

Body-

Silvia front end conversionWide bodyOrigin 1 kit (?? Came on the car)GP sport rear spoilerCoupe doorsSilvia badgesNew top

Wheels and tires-

TSW Thruxton 19x8F 19x10RNitto Invo 245/35F 285/30R

Brakes-

Q brake calipersCross drilled and slotted rotorsHawk padsSteel braided lines

Interior-

Custom dash with gauge portsDigital cluster with HUD conversionCoupe door panels350Z seatsTakata harnessesSilvia steering wheel

Misc-

Moroso battery relocation kit - trunkOdyssey slim batteryWR catch canKoyo radiatorSamco silicone hosesFlex-a-lite dual fansFluidyne oil cooler

Fluids-

Enoes synthetic engine oilRoyal purple synthetic Trans fluidTomei gear oilRoyal purple synthetic brake fluidEngine ice coolant

And pics of the build and finished product this go around

And now the finished car the first time around

Now the car is currently being torn down to start the body restoration, the car is being fitted to a rotisserie for media blasting of the entire shell, then resealed, re-undercoated, and painted with a new body kit, new wide body, new head and tail lights, new wheels and a roll cage. I'll update with pics as the progress continues.

I've gotten a lot of help from reading on here over the past few years, hopefully in the future I can be of more help to others and post more.

Shane 2

Modified by holemilk00 at 5:47 PM 4/1/2009
Modified by holemilk00 at 11:37 PM 5/17/2009

holemilk00

Oh the car makes 525whp/417trq on 22psi now, and its getting a bigger turbo.

TIMELSS_vert

dang man, 525 is A LOT of power/ whats your ultimate goal?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Good to see it getting a rebirth.

That car inspired me so many times when I was building mine.

holemilk00

TIMELSS_vert wrote:dang man, 525 is A LOT of power/ whats your ultimate goal?
I'm going to try to get mid 600's on a T3 flange and pump gas.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Looks like we have our first entry for the 2010 'vert calender!!!

Nice work on the car! 525whp?!?! WOW.. that's very impressive!

holemilk00

AZhitman wrote:Good to see it getting a rebirth.

That car inspired me so many times when I was building mine.
Yeah I remember seeing pics of it back when I had first gotten my Zenki, then when my buddy turned up with it and was frustrated with it and ready to sell it cheap, I jumped at the chance.

holemilk00

Eikon wrote:Looks like we have our first entry for the 2010 'vert calender!!!

Nice work on the car! 525whp?!?! WOW.. that's very impressive!
haha I'd be flattered but please let me get it fitted with the new Rockett Bunny kit and painted first. haha

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Howdy. Very good. The green is still bright.

holemilk00

biggie wrote:Howdy. Very good. The green is still bright.
Then you'll be glad to know that in a few weeks, there will be no more green on the car other then the anti-swap bar kit, and the harnesses.

wmdavis007
Car: 1992 240SX Convertible
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L

Glad to hear the car is back in good hands! I remember drooling over this car when I first got my vert. Also it's nice to see it's in NC Good luck with your restoration! Keep us updated when you get the chance.

noobdrftr
Car: of crap...just pure crap

damn dude...i love it, so cleanthe color is awesome and 525!? awesome

holemilk00

wmdavis007 wrote:Glad to hear the car is back in good hands! I remember drooling over this car when I first got my vert. Also it's nice to see it's in NC Good luck with your restoration! Keep us updated when you get the chance.
Actually I hate to disappoint but the car is in Michigan now, I've recently had to move, which works out for me my dad is up here and is a retired fabricator. But I'll be back to NC soon with the car. I'll be sure to update don't worry. Thanks.

500dolla
Car: 1993 G20 Infiniti

It sucks that I wore sweatpants today, because I have a huge boner

gp_says
Car: 92 RB26dett coupe , 93 vert , 92 vert w/ 5speed

holemilk00 wrote:
fitted with the new Rockett Bunny kit and painted
can't wait to see.....

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

That much power out of a 4 cylinder. Sweet jesus. This car is a god among men, my friend.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

holemilk00 wrote:Actually I hate to disappoint but the car is in Michigan now,
Welcome to the mitten. Where you at?

holemilk00

I'm in the Monroe area.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

How long are you going to be in Michigan? Be cool to see you at an event with the car.

To keep things on topic, I think once the car is painted, it will quickly be forgotten as the powerline vert.

gp_says
Car: 92 RB26dett coupe , 93 vert , 92 vert w/ 5speed

DeXteR wrote: it will quickly be forgotten as the powerline vert.
it WILL be sexy with rockett bunny kit .....I just can wait to see!!!...lol
Modified by gp_says at 10:58 PM 3/31/2009

Azrial
Car: 93 240sx vert, 1990 pignose hatchback roller

looks good I'm not a fan of the bright green it's hurting my eyes just looking at the pics that would bother me driving it. But it's clean sweet build.

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

The car was running fine when powerline had it. I helped otu on it and JZ did also. When I was there it was something simple, can't remember.... Something was backwards or not hooked up. That was when it was first boosted. After that he did all the conversins to it and re-did the setup. Beleive JZ did most of the re-do so you know it was done right.

holemilk00

Azrial wrote:looks good I'm not a fan of the bright green it's hurting my eyes just looking at the pics that would bother me driving it. But it's clean sweet build.
Well its getting torn down to be mocked up for the rotisserie right now for media blasting. So the Green is on death row.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

jockstrapjc

driving that car 8-9 hours with no cruise was not fun. glad to see the build is progressing nicely

Jameltoe

wmdavis007
Car: 1992 240SX Convertible
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L

jockstrapjc wrote:driving that car 8-9 hours with no cruise was not fun. glad to see the build is progressing nicely

Jameltoe
Ack! Can you say shin splints and a numb heel...hehe. And I thought it was bad just driving to North Myrtle Beach from my house...but from Fla. ouch.

Piper
Car: 96 240, the new toy.
93 Vert, gave to my bro... for now,
91 HB, brother totaled,
27 other 240sx's in total, all gone now!

Monroe? WTF? Wish i knew you lived so close to me!! I'm in Taylor, well not actually there now, but will be soon. I'll have to hit you up when I get back up there!

Nice car BTW.

Makes me my car.

holemilk00

jockstrapjc wrote:driving that car 8-9 hours with no cruise was not fun. glad to see the build is progressing nicely

Jameltoe
Haha that was a f'n marathon trip. Wilmington NC to Orlando FL and back in a day. hahah.

holemilk00

Piper wrote:Monroe? WTF? Wish i knew you lived so close to me!! I'm in Taylor, well not actually there now, but will be soon. I'll have to hit you up when I get back up there!

Nice car BTW.

Makes me my car.
Yeah man I'm just down the road now, get up with me we'll hang out and talk cars.

holemilk00

Update: I wanted to be able to pull a car down to bare body without having to build a rotisserie or having it tie up my lift. So I decided to do something about it. In the thought process I did some research and found something similar to these. So I ordered a set, when they got here they were kinda cheap, and not exactly something I would want to push one of my cars around on and trust. So I figured I would build something bigger and better. They are built from scratch, the only store bought part is the casters. These weigh about 35lbs a piece, each caster is rated at 650lbs. They took me about two weeks to build the first time after work each day. Think I could do it again in about 10 hours. On with the pics, tell me what you think guys. :blah:

Had to have a set of 4 of course

Full height is about 26 inches, could be built to whatever you need if you want to try it.

Fully collapsed height is around 13 inches. Ground clearance at this height is about 1/8th of an inch, so needs to be on level ground.

Locking wheels all the way around, dual grease bungs on each wheel.

Made the tops adjustable to pinch the fold in the unibody on the underside of the car, I'm also making up extra pieces to go in here that will make cradles for use directly on the frame. These open up to 1 full inch.

Duel handle adjustment to ensure a snug fit on the pinch weld.

Some sexy welding, this took a while, ground all the welds out smooth, being sure not to compromise the penetration.

These will let me take the car apart and roll it around until I get it on a rotisserie for media blasting.

holemilk00

Also, Rockett Bunny kit ordered today, will take around 8-12 weeks to get

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”