2016 Rogue Sl Build

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue203
Car: 2016 rogue sl

Figure'd I'd share some ideas since not too many people actually touch these cars. Nothing crazy just some enhancements I've made to our family car. Anyways here's the specs so far. Will keep updating as I do more things.

2016 Rogue Sl Awd specs

Full led swap:
Led interior, dome and trunk light
Led 6000k Akoli fog lights CREE
Led front and rear blinkers
Led backup and brake lights
20% window tint drivers and passenger side
35% full windshield tinted
Gas strut bonnet kit
Ultra racing front strut bar
Sard oil and radiator caps
K&N high flow air filter
Blue flamed exhaust tip
Neochrome ti lug nuts

On order: sport pedals & eibach lowering springs

Imageo

yearoftherat
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Just wondering where you got the gas strut bonnet kit from as well as the strut bar.

K03sport
Car: 04 Pathfinder. My first Nissan was a '72 Datsun 510 Wagon.

Rogue203 wrote:20% window tint drivers and passenger side

so, how do you get away with a full windshield tint with all the other windows at 20%? That has got to be one dark car on the inside and even darker at night.

Why did you even bother with oil/rad the caps? Unless you are looking for show points, I think the money could have gone to something else. Just my $0.02, but seems a bit ridiculous, not that the Ti nuts and blue exhaust tip are in the same category, but the what was wrong with the stock caps other than them being stock (plastic).

The other "mods" seem to have function, just not the caps.

Rogue203

The caps and lugs were from my 350z that I got rid of couple years ago so I threw them on. I wouldn't have purchased them if I didn't have them already. Windshield wise it's not dark at all. I've always had my windshields tinted.

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

Stainless steel trim rings for the front speaker grills dress it up some as do the chrome surrounds for the rear reflectors on the back bumper. I blacked out the front by tinting the headlights and fog lights and covering up the chrome bits. Looks like I need to source that strut tower brace. I did not like the chrome bumper protector it looked cheap so I got the clear one installed instead. I also had the splash guards installed and the nissan valve stem caps. Also added all the Weathertech mats front, rear, and cargo area and the cargo net for the back. I have the premium package with the LED headlights and I have the Homelink compass mirror.

I wish you could post photos without a host site.
Last edited by Frzninvt on Mon May 30, 2016 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rogue203

The gas shocks are from a company out of Moscow Russia, nice quality pieces just have to figure out how to install them since instructions are in Russian. As far as the strut bar its a company out of Malaysia. They make a stiffer rear sway bar along with additional braces. If you google their videos the pieces make quiete a difference. I will be completing all the braces one by one since the handling is weak on this car. It's quiete noticeable with just the strut bar. eBay is where I found them.

trokita
Car: 2017.5 Rogue SL AWD Magnetic Black (Sold Sep2022)
2022 Lexus RX450H F-SPORT Cavier Black
2008 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black
2005 Subaru WRX Limited Black

Hello, I like where our going with this.. I plan on purchasing a 16 or waiting for the 17. Im going with the same color scheme. Definitely gonna put some JDM Type wheels. 19x8.5 +38----->+40. I'll have to sell the wife on the lowering kit though. Please post updates - :dblthumb:

Purplerogue13
Car: 2013 Rogue s

quick question what are the lowering springs you ordered for? i've wanting to lower my 2013 rogue was looking for the easiest way. the only option i have so far is altima/maxima front coilovers and veloster rear coilovers

K03sport
Car: 04 Pathfinder. My first Nissan was a '72 Datsun 510 Wagon.

Rogue203 wrote:The caps and lugs were from my 350z that I got rid of couple years ago so I threw them on. I wouldn't have purchased them if I didn't have them already. Windshield wise it's not dark at all. I've always had my windshields tinted.
Interesting. Nothing wrong with hand-me-down parts from a previous car if the part(s) fit. I'm still intrigued by the windshield tint. I may have to ask the next time I get my windows tinted. I still think it helps to "know" someone, because that is usually the way things work.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

that recaro kids seat is siiick. wish i had the adult version LOL!

Rogue203

@ frzninvt; keep up the good work i like what you've done, wish I had the home link rear view just not priority at the moment. Also just use photobucket if you want to post pics it's not that bad

@ trokita; thanks man you should definitely get one, it's the perfect wifey car haha...that's why you don't tell her it'll be lower just that it'll handle better. She will never notice a 25mm drop :) I'm still doing research on wheel size and offset for this car but I got quite a set picked out so will keep this going for sure

@purplerogue13; the springs are for the Nissan x-trail t32 by eibach. H&r makes a set with a lower drop but it's for fwd rogues only and the front weight capacity is lower than eibachs designed for 4wd. Your 13 should be the t30 I'm not sure what's out there for you since it's a completely different model.

@k03sport; its actually 45% on the front I made a typo...always helps to know someone somewhere

@imstricken06; thanks the seat is awesome highly recommended for anyone with kids

Rogue203

Here's some pics with the new sport pedals, led interior bulbs and full 6000k front fogs and turn signals

Frzninvt
Champagne Silver

I have the pedals, they are nice. Nice bright lights did you source them from a single source or various ones. I found the strut bar but not the ohter items like the bonnet kit and oil filler and radiator caps do you have any links that you could share? I just polished the stock exhaust tip to a shine since you can only see a portion of it. I would love to tint the rest of my windows but then I would not be able to get an inspection sticker in my state so that is a no go unfortunately.

Rogue203

I sourced the bulbs based on oem part numbers. Most of them I got on Amazon.

Here's a link to the hood struts, only two left better order asap;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAS-STRUT-BONNE ... HT&vxp=mtr

The caps seem to have gone down in price from what I paid years ago but did find a site that still has them
https://www.nengun.com/sard/oil-cap

http://www.frsport.com/Radiator-Cap-1-5 ... godH5gLWAi

Frzninvt
Champagne Silver

Thank you! I did not notice the gas struts in the photo I definately will be getting a set of those.

Rogue203

Eibachs arrived from Germany...will update with before and after shots once I get a chance to put them in along with review

Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

Nice Mods... all ive done is put interior lighting....

trokita
Car: 2017.5 Rogue SL AWD Magnetic Black (Sold Sep2022)
2022 Lexus RX450H F-SPORT Cavier Black
2008 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black
2005 Subaru WRX Limited Black

:yesnod :yesnod :dblthumb:

DLO310
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL
2010 Nissan Murano SL
2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S
2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD

really Interested in seeing the final result w/ the drop. nice build, please keep it going. I have a 2016 midnight jade SL that i'm anxious to start playing with. now i know that a full LED conversion is a good place to start!

SuprSoulFighter9

K03sport wrote:
Rogue203 wrote:20% window tint drivers and passenger side

so, how do you get away with a full windshield tint with all the other windows at 20%? That has got to be one dark car on the inside and even darker at night.
I live in Florida and have tinted every car that I have owned with 15 all the way around(not the windshield). While it is illegal and I could get stopped for it, it's never happened. It's never even been added to a ticket when I've been stopped for other things. I think that it really comes down to your state/local police and how strictly they enforce it. I think that living in the hell-like Florida sun we get a little bit more leniency.

My dad probably has 3-4 cars a year that he tinkers with then sells so we have a tint guy that we know really well. We just started doing the full windshield on our cars recently. Our guy recommended that we don't go any darker than 50 on the windshield, "Anything more and you're asking for trouble." I got the dealership to "throw in" the tint(15) for the sides/back but I have an appointment with my guy next Saturday(the 18th) to do the windshield. I think I'm just going to do 70. The tint guy doesn't recommend darker than 50, the wife doesn't think we should do the windshield at all, I think 70 is a good compromise.

Rogue203

DLO310 wrote:really Interested in seeing the final result w/ the drop. nice build, please keep it going. I have a 2016 midnight jade SL that i'm anxious to start playing with. now i know that a full LED conversion is a good place to start!

Thank you. Still sourcing all the tools needed for the install on the springs. Finally sourced eibach's alignment kit will post pics of this part as its needed to fix the front camber issue that will occur once these are installed. Nice rogue, esp on the color. Led is a good place to start. I will keep this going for sure. DRL fog surround on the way along with a lightweight crank pulley. Couple of more surprises on the way once I get a chance to put the current items on. A little bit overloaded with parts coming in, work, a toddler, wifey driving the car and not enough time to get my hands dirty. :biggrin: :chuckle: :chuckle:

DLO310
2010 Nissan Murano SL

Rogue203 wrote: A little bit overloaded with parts coming in, work, a toddler, wifey driving the car and not enough time to get my hands dirty. :biggrin: :chuckle: :chuckle:
+1 on this, just minus the "parts coming in" lol not quite there yet.

DLO310
2010 Nissan Murano SL

Rogue203 wrote:Here's some pics with the new sport pedals, led interior bulbs and full 6000k front fogs and turn signals

forgive my ignorance, you said "6000k front fogs and turn signals"
question: so your fogs are HID? and your turn signals are LED's with 6000K color?

Rogue203

@DL0310
To clarify, the fogs I'm running are h11 akoli led conversion 80w, 8000Lm 6k cool white arc beam CREE plug and play kit. Here's a closeup for you.

For the front blinkers they are also 6000k sylvania led CREE 7443 bulbs. I paid more for these than a ten pack of 15smd 6000k generic bulbs that I'm running for the rear blinkers and brake lights. When I tried using the generic led blinkers up front the drivers side mirror would remain dim orange even when vehicle was shut off. I removed them immediately so as to not drain the battery since they were clearly causing the circuit to stay on. So if you do replace the front blinkers make sure you buy a quality pair. The generic ones work completely fine for the tail lights on the other hand. Closeup of the front sylvania led bulbs

Rogue203

Was able to source eibach front alignment kit which are basically two adjustable bolts that will fix camber +/- 1.75 degrees up front. Once the springs are installed these will correct the front camber to spec when I do an alignment. The drop is nothing crazy so the rear can be adjusted without any alignment kit needed.

On another note the lightweight crank pulley has arrived in a wonderful anodized red courtesy of 2jracing. This part is for 07+ Nissan Sentra if you plan on ordering and yes it works on our cars because Nissan never changed the dimensions of the pulley on the qr25de motor. It is 80% lighter weighs at 1lb compared to the oem 5.1lbs. less rotational mass = quicker revving should only yield 5whp. Will post review and pics once it's installed.

DLO310
2010 Nissan Murano SL

Rogue203 wrote:@DL0310
To clarify, the fogs I'm running are h11 akoli led conversion 80w, 8000Lm 6k cool white arc beam CREE plug and play kit. Here's a closeup for you.

For the front blinkers they are also 6000k sylvania led CREE 7443 bulbs. I paid more for these than a ten pack of 15smd 6000k generic bulbs that I'm running for the rear blinkers and brake lights. When I tried using the generic led blinkers up front the drivers side mirror would remain dim orange even when vehicle was shut off. I removed them immediately so as to not drain the battery since they were clearly causing the circuit to stay on. So if you do replace the front blinkers make sure you buy a quality pair. The generic ones work completely fine for the tail lights on the other hand. Closeup of the front sylvania led bulbs
*NOTED! THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THESE!

on another note, i was detailing the Rogue this morning and removed my front license plate bracket. The car looks amazing without this piece (i've always favored the look of a "no-license plate" front bumper) only thing is being from CA, i get a ticket without the plate on the front of the car. ive got an itch to see how hard it would be to modify the bottom grill piece to mount a motorized system that will "hide away" the front plate at will... i know these are out there just a matter of getting the fitment correct.

shot of my Midnight Jade RO this morning after a quick detail.

Rogue203

Wow looks great, ditching the plate was the first thing I did. Plug the holes with plastic rivet clips so they don't stand out as much..what i ended up doing but love that color nice detail too btw. Can get a ticket for anything. Motorized system would be cool but sounds like a headache installing. I may end up utilizing the front tow hitch slot and getting one of those tow hole mount plate holders but a plate up front never looked good on any car imo so we'll see.

DLO310
2010 Nissan Murano SL

Rogue203 wrote:Wow looks great, ditching the plate was the first thing I did. Plug the holes with plastic rivet clips so they don't stand out as much..what i ended up doing but love that color nice detail too btw. Can get a ticket for anything. Motorized system would be cool but sounds like a headache installing. I may end up utilizing the front tow hitch slot and getting one of those tow hole mount plate holders but a plate up front never looked good on any car imo so we'll see.
@Rogue203
Did some investigating on the front tow hitch hitch slot license holder. while they don't make one specific to our cars, I did find some Rogue pictures in the review section of a nissan juke mount. the guy with Rogue said the seller switched out the base plate for him because the one for the Juke ended up covering his fogs.
heres the link... https://www.amazon.com/Platypus-License ... for+nissan

ORIGINAL BASE PLATE FOR JUKE... (COVERS ROGUE FOGS)

SELLER SWAPPED BASE PLATE (CAR NOT SPECIFIED)

Im diggin the look! however, IMO this specific mount is not "flush" enough and seems unparallel to the bumper!
Thanks for mentioning the idea! looks good...

cheers!

Rogue203

Hmm interesting....how do we find out what base plate was actually used tried contacting the seller?

07SL55AMG
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package
2007 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG

Do you have a guide on how to replace all the lights to LED? And a list of how many LED's are needed and what kind? I've done an Audi and a Mercedes before, and I used to have a Juke Nismo which I switched out the lights, but I can't find a guide on which ones I need for the '16 Rogue.

And how much work did it take to switch out your fogs? I'd like to match their color to the DRL's and headlights so I can just run them all the time at night, but I've yet to come across a How-To on the fog lights.

Return to “Rogue Forum”