Ztube

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
tazer
Car: sports, cars...

What are the gains w/the ztube? anyone know how much they run and if they are worth it?

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I should be installing mine next weekend along with the jwt popcharger. I don't think that there are too many performace gains, just a couple hp. Check out this link for more info. http://infinitipa.zoovy.com/product/16576-CD000

I'll let you know how my install goes once I get it done. Should be an easy bolt on.

tazer

ok....Thank's. What bout the jwt popcharge benefits from that? I think the tube is mostly going to give you sound andy maybe minor HP...i agree w/you on that. Let me know how the install is and how it sounds etc. Thanks

rydwhite

Popcharger claims 6-7 hp gain.

tazer

damn...better off just getting a regular injen intake or something...dont you think?

rydwhite

Not really, the injen or stillen will provide only slightly better gains than the z-tube and popcharger combo. The z-tube and popcharger combo is easier to instal than the cai and it costs about $100 less. I guess it is just which ever you prefer.

rydwhite

Well, I just installed the JWT popcharger and the Z-tube in my coupe. It is a very simple install that took me about hour, but I bet it could be done in about half an hour. You can really hear the difference. It sounds amazing. You can feel an increase in power a little, but it really isn't that noticeable.

tazer

Not bad something i'll definately look into before either buying the stillen or injen...has there been group buys on either the stillen or injen or most people jsut buying the z-tube and jwt?

rydwhite

There aren't any group buys that I know of. I know that the Injen and Stillen were the popular choice a few months ago, but it seems like the z-tube/popcharger is the popular choice now. And it seems like each person is pleased with their choice whether it is stillen, injen or jwt/ztube.

tazer

What do you suggest? and neither would void my warranty correct?

rydwhite

I would suggest the popcharger/z-tube, but I am biased because that is what I went with. I think it is a better deal for your money and it is very easy to install.

Neither should void the warranty, but I am not absolutely certain about that. I am certain that there are people in NICO who can verify whether these would void the warranty.

tazer

Who could i contact?

rydwhite

Ok, here is what I found out. The dealer may claim that modding the car will void the warranty, but the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act says it does not. However, if Infiniti can prove that a failure was caused by the modification, then the warranty can be voided. A Z-tube and popcharger more than likely will not cause any problems.

Most intake and exhaust mods will not void warranties. However, if you decided to get a CAI, since they suck air in from a low point, such as the wheel well, they run the risk of getting water sucked into the engine and that can cause hydrolock which would then void your warranty.

It is always safe to keep the original parts you take off just in case they are needed down the road.

But, there shouldn't be a warranty problem with the z-tube/popcharger.

tazer

Alright then i better off going w/the z-tube and popper...lol i dont want any problems w/water

rydwhite

Yeah, it is good too, if you want to take them off before going to the dealer and reinstall the old, because it will take all of 30 or 45 minutes, then you can always put them back on once you get the car back from the dealer. But, i doubt that the dealer would care anyway.

tazer

Who would you recoommed buying from i seen prices varying a lot! on both the ztube and the popcharger...i guess ill go w/the best price but any suggestions?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Tazer:

Please check our sponsors on the left.Those dealers also sell aftermarket performance products check the ads.

Fred..:thumbup

SoCalTed
Car: '03.5 G35 Sedan

I would say a modest 1 - 2HP gain due to the removal of all those air restricting chambers/resonators.

Most importantly, you get the grin-factor when you punch it.

Don't forget to reset your throttle, idle and ECU when you change out the tube and or CAI/Still airbox.

Cheers, Ted

rydwhite

SoCalTed wrote:Don't forget to reset your throttle, idle and ECU when you change out the tube and or CAI/Still airbox.

So you reset the throttle and idle as well as the ECU? I assume you did the resets from the info on the Technosquare website for the 350Z, correct?

I reset the ECU and just assumed that the throttle and idle were reset when the ECU was reset. I didn't realize that each needed to be reset individually.

SoCalTed
Car: '03.5 G35 Sedan

Nope, you have to do them individually....make sure that your engine is warmed up before doing the idle & throttle valve reset.

for the rest who don't have the link/steps:

TechnoSquare's reset steps

Covers:* ECU Resetting Procedures* Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning* Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning* Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)

Cheers, ted

rydwhite

Thanks for the info Ted.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”