Zenrin v7.1 DVD NAV software - wish list..

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
saxman28
Car: Infiniti M35x 2006 (Premium Package)

Hi ALL,

do you all think that Zenrin will come out with "real time traffic" in their upcoming DVD versions.

I'm wondering if the "real time traffic" is just a matter of an updated Nav version OR is there something else needed?

Alan Russell

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

I doubt it. Isn't that something that XM does on some other cars? It seems like a new DVD version would just have updated map info, right?

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

My guess is its software, plus data recieving system; The data system would get the data, and then dump it into the computer system to show traffic flow;

The Infiniti NAV system does have a way to enter area's to avoid; so its possible in theory to use the data frm the traffic reporting systems, reciver unit in the car, to dynamically create the "avoid" area, and the GPS computer will calculate new routes, however this would require that you program in your trip all the time;

I would suspect that the ideal system would require traffic flow data to be reported to the system, and visable on the map at all times, so even if you are not using the route system, you can see the flows;

overall, a complex system to retrofit into the M's systems; its not built for it, and would require software and new hardware for intergration to work;

not to memtion traffic flow is only monitored and reported for some US cities.

my 2 cents...tk

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”