z32 upright rear shock question

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
keepingthe240

If i install a z32 rear upright Where would i get a shock that fits?? The 240 uses a post-style lower shock mount,while the 300zx uses a fork style mount 7lbs less weight per side sounds good to me......Do i need a coilover....or do shocks come witheither post /fork???? Can the stock rotor(240) fit on the z32 upright????

R240NA

First off, the Z32 upright will only work on the S13, just wanted to make that known up front. You can buy some coilovers that have removeable lower mounts, this will allow you to get the S13 coilovers and then buy Z32 mounts. Z32 rear shocks will not work as they are a different length. Your other option is to turn the shock slightly, and use a large nut and bolt and secure it to the upright, while this is a cheap method and not highly recommended for hard driving, it does work, and will cost significantly less, by allowing you to use any S13 shock/coilover available. The rotor can be done 3 ways, keep your S13 hub, buy S14 SE rotors and use the Z32 hubs, or drill your rotor for 5 lug and use Z32 hubs.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”