Z32 no spark

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Joey4710
Car: 1993 Nissan 300ZX TT

Hello, my 1993 z32 has no spark. It sat for 15 years and I replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel, oil, spark plugs, and battery and she started right up. She ran for about 2 months with only a misfire on cylinder 5. Then all of a sudden one day no start.

I have no spark and the ecu isn’t throwing any codes. I’ve replaced the PTU and done the subharness delete. I tested the CAS and replaced the harness for it The CAS makes the injectors click so that’s all good. The fuel pump doesn’t prime but has pressure when Cranking. I’ve checked my grounds and coil packs. The coil packs are all good but i have no voltage on the coil pack wiring harnesses. I’m really confused why I have no spark and any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Ruslanvich
Car: 1990 Nissan 300ZX 2+2

Have you checked out all your fuses? I have a no spark condition and it's currently caused by a blown engine cont fuse, everything else lights up and cranks but there's no spark. Currently still working out that issue, however.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”