Z32 NA Piston Compression

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
The Somberlain drftr

I know I havent posted much but Ive been busy, I recently got a very good chance to build an NA Z32, and since my love is autox/mountain passes im going to stay with the NA setup. No flaming, it's an instinct thing, I kno the kikk of turbos very well also, I just need VERY good throttle response for this car.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has seen any extremely high CR pistons for z32s. It looks like Im going with Tomei H Beam rods for this car and a completely built valvetrain as my goals are 9000 rpm. It's a very hard goal to reach but I think I can make a v-engine rev. Looking for around 350 whp and the math to do that came to about 12:5:1 with a LOT of fuel. Someone help, the only ones Ive found that even come close are JUN forged internals at 11:1. ANy help at all would be very appreciated.

Syntax360
Car: 1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo

11:1 is pretty close - could u mill the heads to get you close enough?

The Somberlain drftr

Nope, dekking the heads would only give me 0:3:1 at the most, milling them would just conflict with my high revving engine goals, valves would hit the pistons, not to mention insane engine heat, anyone else that knows anything about companies that make forged internals please let me know, Im on a time limit here.

Syntax360
Car: 1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo

this isn't the place to ask man - no one lurks this forum. i'd hit up twinturbo.net (even though it's not a turbo, surely they would have some answers). Z31 and HybridZ are great sources of knowledge as well, but i don't know how those guys would react to a Q about the newer car - they'd prolly go tell u to find the right board :-\

The Somberlain drftr

thnx bro Ill do that.

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”