Z32 fuel pressure replace with after market

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
OUKNO
Car: 1990 Z32 NA, 1974 International Scout

Can I put a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator in place of the OEM regulator? Like this but I won't be gettine a ebay scrap;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

I've seen some in Summit that have tobe better quality it would replace both on my Z32 I believe. They are fully adjustable to what ever pressure you need to run.

mtcookson
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX
1992 Iinfiniti Q45
and much much more

You definitely can use one but only do it if you're going with boost... even then I'd be wary of the rising rate types as they can make tuning difficult. Anyway, I would only run one as the ports on most of them are huge and can handle a ton of flow, two would most definitely be overkill so all you really need is two adapters to replace the stock regulators and some hose to run from the engine of the rails to the regulators then connect the stock return to the aftermarket regulator and you'll be good to go.

OUKNO

I thought on of these might work but what do you mean by;
mtcookson wrote:You definitely can use one but only do it if you're going with boost... even then I'd be wary of the rising rate types as they can make tuning difficult. Anyway, I would only run one as the ports
I need more of your knowledge

mtcookson
1992 Iinfiniti Q45
and much much more

The rising rate FPR's raise fuel pressure, usually, on a 1:1 ratio with boost. So, for every 1 psi of manifold pressure, fuel pressure increases 1 psi. If you get correctly sized injectors and tune it properly, you won't need this feature and probably don't want it as it can potentially make tuning difficult since your fuel pressure is constantly changing.

If the unit does have that feature, you use a bleeder check valve to disable it. Its just a simple valve that can allow the FPR to see only vacuum then when there is boost the valve will close blocking the FPR from seeing boost pressure and will bleed off the vacuum so that the FPR gives you your set fuel pressure (default is usually 43 psi).

OUKNO

mtcookson wrote:You definitely can use one but only do it if you're going with boost...
One more question; Why only with boost whats the difference with the N/A?

mtcookson
1992 Iinfiniti Q45
and much much more

Basically... the NA simply doesn't make enough power to overcome the capabilities of the stock FPR. I think even a decently modified twin turbo wouldn't really be pushing it all that much, especially since there are two FPR's.

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”