Z32 DASH LIGHTS QUESTION

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
brian300zx
Car: 1990 300zx TT

What’s up guys, today after I decided to go a little crazy and do a 180 spin, two dash lights came on, one is the red BRAKE light and the other one is LIGHTS on the lower right side of the dash I got a brand new battery, alternator was checked with the car running at 14.2 volts, brake fluid is exactly on level, checked the alternator plug it’s good and I don’t really know what else to look for is there any other plugs I should check? All my lights work nothing dims down any help would be appreciated thanks

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Odd!
No real experience with this, but a thought or two. Did the ABS module squeal during your slide? And was water involved such as a skid pad or large puddle/pool of water?
If the ABS somehow got a dose of air during the what it considers emergency maneuver, perhaps you need to bleed the ABS. When I did fluid service years ago it was quite the hassle to get all of the air out of the ABS unit, and it would squeal when under heavy braking until the air was all bled out and light the dash brake lamps.
The water question comes about due to when I accidentally almost drowned my Z32 in a large puddle, the wet connectors for a few days would cause dash lamps to light that usually don't and was generally the brake system lamps. Failing with the above, I'd check the FSM to see if there's anything there to help with this issue as the flow charts often have a lot of tests to check these types of things.
Hope this helps somehow!

brian300zx

Nope not a single noise and no water at all only thing I can think of is some wire or plug got pulled and triggered the light, I will definitely check the fsm and see what I can find. Haven’t had time to get under the car but this weekend I’ll definitely get under there and check everything out

brian300zx

Alright so I’ve checked all around no wires are loose everything looks good. Something I noticed is when I tap the gas pedal the lights will briefly turn off and then turn back on. Starting to think it could be my alternator? Still clueless as to what it could be

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”