Z31 Needs Help!!!!!!!!!!!

A home for 1983–1989 300ZX owners!
Nissman

Ok so to get right to the point i did a rebuild on my 1984 300ZX, well having stored a majority of the info in my head(always worked before) i came to a point where i had a complete brain fart and forgot which wires go where for the injectors.

So any Z31 owner please help me, i need to know which side of the harness goes in front.

The harness has three wires,

the middle is wraped with a shrink wrap style rubberthe other(front or rear) is wrapped in a larger style rubber with TWO GRAY BANDS on it.the other(front or rear) is wrapped with your standard wiring slip on shield(hard plastic ribbed rubber...no laughing).

So basically i need to know if the front has the gray bands on it or if the back has the gray bands on it.

NISTECH

If I understand what your saying the branch off the main harness is what your talking about right?? if the three connectors for the injectors is all your talking about. It doesnt matter they all pulse at the same time on each side. but if you want to do it by the book the bans go to the front.

BTW that is not the original factory configuration. Those bans are on a harness that was added during the injector campaign. what was done was all the individual connectors were cut off. The front and rear wires were heat shrinked and wrapped to the main harness. the new subharness that feeds all three injectors was soldiered only to the original middle injector wires. so this is why it doesnt really matter where you plug them in on each side.

Nissman

Thanks NISTECH, i was talking about the injector plugs.

I put them in with the bands in front but then put the bands in the back. I really didn't feel a big difference. The lifters are still getting pumped up so the main thing i feel is some loping due to that.

Also i believe you answered one of my future questions.The injector campaign your talking about, does that mean i had the TSB or whatever done to my injectors. This was something i wanted to make sure was done. So my injectors are the upgradded ones and i shouldn't have any problems?

NISTECH

yep. another way to tell if its been done is the clamps that hold the hoses from the rail are squeeze clamps instead of screw clamps like the ones on the other side of the fuel pressure regulator.

Return to “300ZX (Z31) Forum”