z24 with ka24e head?

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
FUJIBAYASHI
Car: 1989 Silvia Qs

z24 headgasket blew when warming the car up for work this morning. good thing i didnt pull the motor out of my 240 yet!!!!!

anyway, ive read that the ka24e head will fit directly onto the z24.this is great because i have a spare ka24e from a 240sx sitting on a stand.since these two will mate, can i use the z24 headgasket? or the 240sx hg?also... does anyone know if the z24 intake/carb will bolt up to the ka head?

if not, what would be required to run the ka head with efi? ka harness, ecu, WIRING????

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

we have a few threads goin about this... (i'm too lazy to look it all up tho)

but basically... yes the KAe head will mate... you can use either gasket... no the intake won't work... you'll need the 240 one or one from a hardbody pickup... yes you'll need the wiring and all that good stuff too.... unless you do something custom

now here's the bad news.... in order to get anything out of using the KA head... you're gonna need the KA pistons too...

basically... the KA head is great if you do an actual build... otherwise just put the Z head back on

Return to “Datsun 720”