Z_tunes Specs?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
starkos14
Car: s14 R33*, 99 gs300(2jz-gte soon)

ok so the new bugatti just came out....nice car but is it the fastest production car ever according to road and track? im pretty sure the z-tune is still faster but i cant find a road test with the numbers. i know the claimed 0-400m is 10.06 but thats it.

starkos14

oh and im just trying to prove to my friends that nothing will ever touch nissan permormance

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

If you really want to get technical, the Z-tune isn't a real "Production Car". Nissan bought back some R34's, then revamped them. And since the GT-R isn't being made anymore, that is another killer on the "Production Car" deal. A company has to make so many units to be considerd a production car. So, in theory, the new Bugatti could very well be the fastest production car on the market.

And I am sorry, but Nissan isn't the #1 performance car maker in the world. As much as I love Nissans, there are always bigger and better fish in the sea mate.

starkos14

i do believe its a production car if nismo gave each car a new serial number. besides, all they did was basically reuse the r34 frame. and i didnt ask for opinions, i dont want to argue with the whole community, just my buddies. im just curious about the specs. cause im finding diff numbers.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

You want specs, here you go.

http://www.nismo.co.jp/Z-tune/index.html

Just click English for all your needs.

It is not a "Production Car" if only 20 units are done. You have to have so many units be considered a production car. I believe the number is somewhere between 400-500. Don't get me wrong, this car is bad ***, and I would love to just get a ride in one. I saw one at the TAS back in January, and I am sure there will be another one there at the 06 show.

starkos14

nope sorry try again, im looking for road test specs. you think i havent been to the official site?

Rex
Car: None

All you need is here on NICO

zerothread?id=99530

Of course, I don't think it has 0-60 times int he article, LOL

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

starkos14 wrote:nope sorry try again, im looking for road test specs. you think i havent been to the official site?
How the hell am I supposed to know that? If I did, I would be rich cause I could read minds.

You asked for specs and I gave you a website that had specs on the Ztune. I would think that the official website would be the most accurate as far as theoretical performance. I don't know about on street specs...sorry.

llamabeta

You don't want opinions? Sounds like you have a few of your own. Are you looking for straight line info?

The Bugatti now holds the record for top speed and I don't know any other "production" vehicles that can hit 180Mph in 16~ seconds including your Z tune (which is not considered a production vehicle).

C33's info has been pretty helpful and accurate.

Veyron Infohttp://www.autozine.org/html/Bugatti/Veyron.html

It's the internet, of course your going to find different numbers. Enjoy the your arguing even though I don't see how there is much of an argument to be made.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

llamabeta wrote:
C33's info has been pretty helpful and accurate.
Why thank you homie. I aim to please.

CursedGTR
Car: 1991 Skyline GTR

Starkos14 look man do your own research if you want to be rude to the people that gave you what they know. Now, the Z Tune is not a production car, it was a limited edition nostalgia thing that Nismo did on USED GTR's. They were all sold out before they were even available and you cannot get one right now unless you have some serious cash to deal with and know one of the 18 people in the world that owns one and is hopefully looking to get rid of it.

The Bugatti can be had by going to the right dealership and ordering it therefore making it a production car. The damn thing is being produced. It is not a used car that was rebuilt because BUGSMO had some extra parts laying around and a good idea to modify some used ones in order to scare up some advertising and some extra cash.

You want the numbers you are looking for go find them instead of being a punk on some forum. We were not the ones that went and shot our mouths off at friends that knew what they were talking about. You were.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

starko, don't be a tool.

starkos14

starkos14 wrote:im pretty sure the z-tune is still faster but i cant find a road test with the numbers.
i stated what i was looking for and i was just curious if anyone found those numbers with a road test...... first post of the topic.... of course i have my opinions, who doesnt. i was curious which was faster because the ztune runs a fast 1/4...supposedly. i searched for a couple hours for the info but came up short. im not trying to be a "tool" on thr forums... my rude comment was because i got a response that could start an argument. and i got the wrong stuff. i apologize but screw this post because nobody knows. no more response to any of my comments or opinions or anybody elses, waste of my time. i should be out working on my car

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

My comment was never inteneded to make an argument. The term Production car get tossed around so losely that people aren't really sure what that means. I just clarified it, that's all.

No one seems to know because apparently, no company has the resources to put a Z tune on a street spec test to see if it holds water to what the standard specs are.

People get so passionate about their cars that sometimes it gets in the way of logical thinking. Like the whole "It's not a GT-R without an RB" debate. Humm...the first GT-R in 1969 had an S20 engine...not an RB, so yeah...that doesn't really hold water.

All in all man, I tried to help you by giving you what I though you wanted, and I gave you the wrong info...ooops, you got smart assed, it went from there. Take your bruises and run with it man. It's nothing to get all pissy about.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

My short attention span is officially exhuasted. el locko.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”