Traded my '08 350zHR
for an '11 370zNISMO Image
+handling grip low end power solid feel are great
-slightly higher insurance premiums

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Well, that certainly looks like a step up. Hope you got a good deal! : )

My only complaint (and it's a small one) about the Nismo 370Z is that it's not stitch welded like the 350Z version was. I'm guessing one of two things happened, either there were a lot of complaints about the stiff ride quality in the 350Z so Nissan changed it (unlikely, but possible) or it was done as a cost cutting measure.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

BusyBadger wrote:
My only complaint (and it's a small one) about the Nismo 370Z is that it's not stitch welded like the 350Z version was.
Thanks to autech, the stitch welding actually made a nice difference with the 350. My only guess why they didn't bother doing the same with the 370 is because the structure itself was already so rigid. Being that even the regular base 370 could actually 'match' the skidpad data of a nismo 350.

figgsy4ever
Car: 370zNISMO

It was a very sweet deal being a buyers market :biggrin:
I held out for an otd price, once given I countered and they accepted.
60mo @ 1.750%

nissanbooger
Car: Nissan 350z

From Z to Z! How is the comparison between the two?

figgsy4ever

nissanbooger wrote:From Z to Z! How is the comparison between the two?
Honestly I never dreamed I could afford a 370 Nismo@40+k(kudos to Manny Rubio and the team at Casa Ford-Nissan) but now that I have one I feel as if the 350 was just an entry level sports car. No amount of mods can be recovered in a trade-in so the mod thing was never an option for me( I did install the nismo exhaust but it was never a factor for trade in price). The folks at Nissan did a fantastic job of doing all the mods for you and the result is amazing. The Nismo BEGS to be driven I can hear its ponies in the garage calling out UFF DAH! (lets Go)
But seriously its a huge step up in every aspect of driving.The light weight wheels and wider tires make a huge difference in cornering stopping and accelerating. The 370 Nismo has a much more solid frame and tighter suspension,no more fishtailing off the line like the 350. The Nismo just leaps out there like a frog on steroids. More head room leg room and wider seats. Theres alot to be said about the keyless entry and push button start,no more fumbling for keys in the dark and looking for the right button to press as you're carrying stuff.
And last but not least the Nismo is oozing sex appeal. Many of my co-workers complimented the 350 saying it was a cool car but when they saw the Nismo they are like... OMG Give Me The Keys!!!! I must say I miss the sound of the 350 w/nismo exhaust
and the digital speedometer as well as the homelink auto dimming rearview mirror. Total cost over the 350 $14 monthly heheh :woot:

catnipple
Car: 2007 z33
1990 s13 hatch (ls1 swap in progress)
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

Very nice!!

This is making me want to at least take one for a test drive!

I'm glad you're loving it.

figgsy4ever

my old Z sold 1 week after the trade :crazy:
updated pics after Meguires clay bar treatment.

catnipple
Car: 2007 z33
1990 s13 hatch (ls1 swap in progress)
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

Sooooo sexy.

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

figgsy4ever wrote:updated pics after Meguires clay bar treatment.
I'm a Meguair's user through and through, but after using both I'll say that Mother's Clay Bar is superior, it's much better at getting out the stubborn bits...

...not that you'll have any of those so soon after purchase. :cool:

figgsy4ever

BusyBadger wrote:
I'm a Meguair's user through and through, but after using both I'll say that Mother's Clay Bar is superior, it's much better at getting out the stubborn bits...

...not that you'll have any of those so soon after purchase. :cool:

have you ever tried using the clay bar on a windshield?
I'm a little scared of the outcome. :ohno:

The car had a great deal of "environmental fallout" most of which the clay bar removed but like you said some stubborn spots remain including the windscreen.

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

I've read plenty of online accounts of clayed windshields but even though I'm crazy about my windows being clean I've never done it myself.

Rain-X makes a clay kit for windows, can't imagine they're doing that if there's a chance it would jack something up.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

BusyBadger wrote: I'm a Meguair's user through and through, but after using both I'll say that Mother's Clay Bar is superior, it's much better at getting out the stubborn bits...
I can attest to this as well - I always used Meguiar's Clay until I went to the store and all they had was Mothers... now I won't use anything else. Their quick detailer smells like cinnamon too. haha

figgsy4ever

Thanks for the good advice!
I did a repeat application using "Mothers" and
I am very satisfied with the results. :dblthumb:

ps I almost forgot I also did the windshield and had fantastic results
using only water & the clay bar

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”