you won't believe this....

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
07wHiTE 3.5SE 6sPD
Car: 2007 Winter Frost Pearl Altima Sedan, 3.5SE, 6MT, Tech pack., Sport pack., Premium pack., & OEM Nav

Hey guys listen to this, i got into manhattan around 9 pm where i usually park to wait for my fiance' at baruch college. All is well and then the unthinkable happens, my accelerator pedal goes missing like a bad dream... then i look down at the floor and whip out the handy dandy flashlight and see the pedal laying on the floor, thinking wtf happened and why is my accelerator pedal on the floor?! i then went down below the instrument panel and noticed that the damn thing is made of plastic and it broke. Ran over to the home depot at w23rd st and 5th ave they were closed. I spotted a duane reade, purchased some crazy glue and glued it up for a temporary fix for a drive home. I can't believe nissan made the pedal construction of nothing but plastic. Just wanted to share my experience with you guys.... here is a pic of me holding the pedal in my hand....

malnevets
Car: 07 Altima Majestic Blue

hooooooolllyy cow

this is insane!!! the crazy glue held the pedal okay?

man that is mad dangerous. u probably taking it to the dealer asap right?

off topic but, where in queens you live?

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

how the hell did the pedal come off?!?!?!

ZeroR

Wow that's really crazy! wouldn't this be a safety issue? I am going to inspect my pedal right away.

07wHiTE 3.5SE 6sPD
Car: 2007 Winter Frost Pearl Altima Sedan, 3.5SE, 6MT, Tech pack., Sport pack., Premium pack., & OEM Nav

it just broke off, just like that... its really a poor design in my opinion, the entire accelerator pedal assembly is plastic, the brake and clutch is steel or some type of alloy. I live in south ozone park, queens... The krazy glue held great to my surprise. I dropped it off at the dealer this morning. I'm waiting for service to call and let me know whats going to happen. I was parked getting ready to pull out its a good thing it didn't happen while trying to merge or getting out of a emergency situation in which i needed to accelerate quickly, it may have been worse.

malnevets
Car: 07 Altima Majestic Blue

07wHiTE 3.5SE 6sPD wrote:it just broke off, just like that... its really a poor design in my opinion, the entire accelerator pedal assembly is plastic, the brake and clutch is steel or some type of alloy. I live in south ozone park, queens... The krazy glue held great to my surprise. I dropped it off at the dealer this morning. I'm waiting for service to call and let me know whats going to happen. I was parked getting ready to pull out its a good thing it didn't happen while trying to merge or getting out of a emergency situation in which i needed to accelerate quickly, it may have been worse.
that is for sure

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

Thats messed up man!

Plastics are very reliable though, just suprised it snapped like that!

07wHiTE 3.5SE 6sPD

That's true plastics are strong... i think they tried to incorporate ridges in the design for a more sturdy structure but i believe the plastic thickness was a bit thin on the design... maybe it had a hairline crack and kept spreading until it finally let go... it was funny though, i was laughing like crazy as i stood on the sidewalk with my accelerator pedal/arm in my hand on the sidewalk.... lol

kuhan
Car: 2008 350Z Enthusiast 6-speed

Wow...Did you use all of your body weight whenever you pedal it down or what?

Rmuth25
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5s CVT [Premium & Tech Packages]

Well well well, this gives an entirely new definition to the phrase "lead foot"

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

That's just messed up

One Crazy Max
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE 6MT

damn dev, like you press that pedal hard too much or what.

yo we need to meet up one day man, and chat about these cars that we have. i need to ask you some questions!

07wHiTE 3.5SE 6sPD

lol... the ironic thing is i didn't even press it hard, i was now pulling out from a parking spot and the thing jus fell off... yea definitely, we should be able to link up soon. just let me know. If this thing has private messages i'll send my phone number.

One Crazy Max
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE 6MT

07wHiTE 3.5SE 6sPD wrote:lol... the ironic thing is i didn't even press it hard, i was now pulling out from a parking spot and the thing jus fell off... yea definitely, we should be able to link up soon. just let me know. If this thing has private messages i'll send my phone number.
nah this ting nah get private message, lol!!!

hit me up on aim. screename is the same as my forum name!

hit me u bro!!!

iGROOCK
Car: Nissan Altima 2.5

wow...good thing everyone is safe

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”