You guys know anything about tablets and SD cards?

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
Justin428

Can I watch videos from a SD card on a tablet with micro SD slot?
I'm looking to buy a android tablet such as an Asus Memo Pad or Samsung Galaxy. These usually only come with a micro SD card slot. I'm trying to watch/review gopro videos out in the field to check footage with a tablet. Is there a way to have the tablets' micro SD card slot read my Gopro's standard size SD card so I can check out my videos?

What adapter will I need and are you sure it will work??

I realize gopro makes screens for this but I want a tablet for other reasons too.

Thanks

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Which model GoPro? What info is provided on their website? There are well over a dozen different GoPro apps on Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/search?q=gopro&c=apps]

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Most microSD cards come with a full-size SD adapter. I've got gobs of them around.

The reverse of what you're going for, but if you use this to use a microSD in your gopro, you can pop it straight into your tablet and be set.

Alternatively, if your tablet supports USB-OTG, you could use a USB-OTG adapter and USB SD card reader, but that's definitely the long way around the problem.
If your tablet doesn't support OTG, you can flash an OTG-friendly kernel or root and install an app called stickmount that'll let you use USB drives (and USB SD card adapters) with a USB-OTG cable.

Justin428

Sorry for not getting back sooner.. The solution above is exactly what I did.

Thanks

Return to “Computers / Electronics”