Yet another blockbuster NBA trade, Cavs got some new talent :)

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Story on ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...57159

Oh yeah...that's right Big Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, Joe Smith, and Delonte West are now Cavaliers.

Only real loss for the Cavs was Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes was underachieving and overpaid while in a Cavs uniform.

So NBA fans...what do you think of all the trades down the stretch?

Kidd to Dallas, Shaq to Phoenix, etc....big names changing places.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

I think that's a bad trade for Cleveland. The only reason they did the deal was because Szczerbiak's 13 million deal comes off the books at the end of the season freeing up cap space. That 13 million wasn't worth giving up Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes. Gooden was expendable because of Ilgauskas, but I think Hughes value will show now that he's gone. Hughes was the only guy besides LeBron that could legitimately put up 40 points. Now he's gone.

The idea was to get LeBron some help, and I think they failed miserably. Joe Smith is a soft jump shooting big man that won't rebound too well for you. Ben Wallace will play well for you -- if he feels like it. Delonte West is a talent but going after the Grizzlies Kyle Lowry would have made more sense because he's a defensive point guard. I think they made a mistake by making this deal.

The Pau Gasol deal to the Lakers is probably the steal of the century. Nice to see the Lakers back. Kidd back to Dallas was a completely stupid assed move by Dallas. Seriously, look at what all of the major western conference teams did to get better... They went and got big men to compete with San Antonio. Lakers got Gasol. Suns got Shaq. Warriors got Webber (though he's washed up). The rest of the teams already have their threats like Portland's LeMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden coming back next season. Utah has Boozer the bruiser. New Orleans has David West...

Who does Dallas have? Dirk? He's not a post presence. He might as well be a small forward and exclusively play beyond the three point line. He's not the rebounder he should be at 7 feet tall. I'm surprised they didn't go after Jermaine O'Neal because he would have been a perfect fit. But giving up a young up and coming point guard in Devin Harris along with a few others to get the much much older Jason Kidd, doesn't make them better. They needed a big man that could score on the inside and they didn't get it. Now they're basically the same team they were last season (when they won 67 games and got their asses handed to them by the younger faster Warriors in the first round) except they're older. Cuban is an idiot.

Shaq to Phoenix was the move Dallas should have made. Phoenix played small ball all these years and got nowhere. So they brought in Shaq. Granted Shaq won't do much for them, but what it does is force teams to double team him AND Amare Stoudamire, leaving the shooters plenty of chances on the outside. I'm going to call it now. Spurs vs. Suns in the Western Conference Finals. If the Suns win, they take it all... Well unless they face Boston.

SEV6
Car: Tu madre es facile

Yes, when I heard that Gooden and Hughes were traded I was pissed then I realized what an underachiever Larry Hughes is and that we still have the nightmare from Brazil at PF...then I heard we got Ben Wallace Joe Smith Delonte West (imo one of the best 3 shooters in the game) and wild Wally I amlost had a gasm...yeah I just said gasm. I'm still kinda hurt they got rid of Shannon Brown and Donyell Marshall, but oh well I can't wait to hear what xekushnr says when Ben Wallace returns to the palace....in wine and gold!

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

I was going to post earlier but I didn't have time. Thanks for bumping Sev, now you get to hear my opinion

I agree with Evan.

Ben Wallace is still one of the best defenders in the game. He is still probably my favorite center in the league (next to Sheed, although Sheed is not really a center) even though he's not the tallest. The dude is a monster, and plays like he's another foot taller. Not to mention he's a total badass. The two Wallaces were great together in Detroit. I think Ben will do good in Cleveland, I just dont think it's really what they need.

Like Evan said, Larry Hughes was the only other person in Cleveland who can throw up 30 in a game. If it wasnt before, the pressure is really on LeBron to score. The Cavs are 0-6 this season without LeBron. Without Hughes, they will never be able to win a game if LeBron is out. If the Cavs got some help on the other end of the court, I think they would be a much better team.

I'm more interested to see how the Kidd and Shaq/Marion trade works out.

As for Ben returning to the Palace, I can't wait to see it. It's a fairly safe bet to presume that either Ben or Sheed - or both - will get fired up at some point in that game. That usually makes for a good show.

At least the Pistons should finally be able to beat the Bulls now. I can't believe such a good team could go 0-4 against this years Bulls.

DrifterXRPS13
Car: 1993 Acura Integra LS, 1998 Nissan 240SX SE 5sp. KA-T,2004 Honda CBR 600RR, 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600, 2013 Harley Davidson Iron 883, 2014 BMW S1000RR

My poor poor bulls...god we really fell apart this year, the pre season favorite to win the east now we just suck.

The kobe deal fell flat, we're plagued with injuries, now yesterday trade, although i do like hughes, so it's not all bad.

As for wallace going to cleveland, he's a good player when he wants to be, but he's really lazy lately and doesn't run a whole lot, he's just real laxidasical (sp?)

Whatever, as long as the bulls get better i'm all for it, the trade for kobe looks a whole lot better right about now...stupid bulls, but i still love em

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

DrifterXRPS13 wrote: although i do like hughes, so it's not all bad.
I hope he does better for you guys than he did for us. Was certainly a disappointment

JimmyMethod
Car: 97' 240SX SE

Ben Wallace sucks.Period.

Return to “The Sports Bar”