Yes..talking about SWAPS again 00’ Q45t

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Projekt_Y33
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45t

HELP IS NEEDED!

My motor might be going out, I’ll find out pretty soon...

Anyway here’s another thread asking what’s possibly available to swap with. I’ve gone over pretty much all the forums/posts already & still wanna find out what’s best to do on a like a 5k budget (let’s say). Seen ppl talk about Titan swap, and of course LS/RB/JZ etc*

From what I read it also seems like nobody likes the VQ30det swap, so what are my choices?. I do like the idea of being different & have turbo either way, would also like to know what else I’d need if I went ahead with that engine for like $2k.

Or:
- rebuild the 4.1?
- other swaps?

Any help is appreciated, no hating plz as I’m stressed enough...

Projekt_Y33
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45t

More like $5-8k but still..also there aren’t many motors available online to begin right now either

Ludeaem
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45 AE

Rebuild is going to be the best route money wise but LS swap would be nice if you know how to wire. I've seen the 2J swaps but ehh. I would be fan of doing a mild build on the 4.1 but getting someone to get custom cams, headers etc would add up way too quickly.

MowgliCSM
Car: 99 Q45t, 07 S550, 89 Mitsu Mirage Turbo.

Any swap will be expensive. More so if you can't fabricate yourself. Cheapest will be buying a used engine. If it were me doing a swap, I would keep it in the family and go RB.

Y33TJPN
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q45

Someone local to me has an RB is in the process is swapping in a 2J into his Y33s. I can try and reach out to see if he is on here so you can converse and get his opinion on them if you’d like.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”