Y33 Woes

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
rover3l
Car: 1998 Q45, 2000Q45 Anniversary, 1965 Rover 3L,

Hi

I crunched by drivers side fender while backing out of the garage yesterday. It has multiple dents, folds so I don't think a dent wizard is going to get it out.

What is the recommended way of dealing with this; replace the fender or panel beat and fill. Any thoughts of a ball park cost for this

squeefoo
Car: 1990 Q45, 1994 Maxima SE, 1999 I30, 2003 Maxima Titanium, 2006 Xterra Off Road, 2012 G37XS!

rover3l wrote:Hi

I crunched by drivers side fender while backing out of the garage yesterday. It has multiple dents, folds so I don't think a dent wizard is going to get it out.

What is the recommended way of dealing with this; replace the fender or panel beat and fill. Any thoughts of a ball park cost for this
Replace the fender, and make sure all of the attaching points are zeroed by measuring with a tape measure and spec chart in the FSM.I'll bet you can even find the same color on car-part.com.

Be glad the door wasn't open when you backed up... I did that right after replacing and painting a door at the shop where I worked Thankfully they ate it. ...It popped open when backing up since it had striker issues not yet remedied by the backordered parts. <wipes sweat off brow>

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Totally agree, no bondo please god no! Replace the fender, find a shop that will do it for you, tell them you're not going to turn over to insurance, many shops have two sets for rates, one for insurance and one for people paying out of their own pockets.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”