Y33 Q45 suspension. *NEW* Possibility!!!! IN the USA Even.

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Louis Cyphier
Car: 1999 Q45

Been talking with the vogtland guys for a few years now. Ive run Vogtlands on 2 of my previous cars. Vogtland is a well known and respected spring manufacturer in Germany. Vogtland also happens to be the spring that NASCAR is using now for their cars.

theres a good possibility for us Y33 Guys that we'd be able to get a good, quality suspension set-up for a excellent rate. Pricing is yet to be determined by vogtland, but if I can get 10 people on board, then im sure the deal will crush what is currently available through japan w/o any of the associated hassles.

the kits would, more than likely be built around vogtlands own custom wound coils, tailored for a sport-european feel. They use Koni stuts built again around the vehicle and the spring they are using. Since our Y33's use such a akward front strut design, when i take my car to vogtlands California R&D center, hopefully a suitable solution can be achieved to this. Whether it be a drop in front cartridge and shock/spring rear assembly.

As I said earlier Ive run 2 of their coilover set-ups and ride was awesome. I had my GTI sitting on the floor and it rode great for how low it was. My Audi rode on a set of their coilovers as well and it rode very close to stock.

It would be my hope to achieve a sub $1000 shock and spring set-up. So many of us are either running chopped springs on stock struts or aftermarket springs on stock struts. this has the potential to get us into a nice well built combination that can survive far longer than our stock set-ups that are being tested to their limits. Running aftermarket or cut factory springs isnt a matter of if my factory shocks will blow, but when. We all know exactly how much the factroy replacements are.

So, what I need is some backing to show to vogtland that this is indeed a worthwhile cause. All thats needed is 10 sets. Im posting this here and on vipstylecars, so hopefully we can get this ball rolling.

Im completely stoked that vogtland would want to invest the R&D time into a project such as this. The guys there arent looking to make money, but to simply cover their r&d/production time.

When looking into most of their "sport shock/strut" kits the drops are in the range between 30-60mm. With this there is the possibility of having the shocks be re-bound ajustable as well.

A 60mm drop on a Y33 would be supa-hot!

Here is a image from their site of one of their spring/damper combos. in the rear of this photo are 2 of their shock/spring kits.

Louis Cyphier
Car: 1999 Q45

where my Y33 Guys at?

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Sorry, Louis, but I am committed to the Eibachs with SR Specials at this time. Maybe next time.

Q_SHIP
Car: 1999 Q45T with a billion miles.

I may be intrested in the shocks later down the road. I have a set of Teins on the way already.

Falkdesigns
Car: 1998 Q45t ~ EXE

Unfortunately, I think there's a limited number of Y33 modders in the USA and 90% of them have bought Teins from me already! Lol, but I bet as they keep getting cheaper and easier for people to afford, the number of modded Y33's will rise.

One of my buddies here at Simpson has a partner that knows someone there too. When he was asking the other week if anyone knew about them, I was like " yeah, they've been around a while, mainly in the Euro-car scene".

BTW, they aren't "the" spring that Nascar use, but they are now available to them. Teams can use whatever springs they want pretty much.

blind6
Car: was a 1997 Infiniti Q45

I need some shock/struts, can these be utilized w/ the Tein springs?

Falk, what was the final word on the SR's getting ordered? Did I miss that post? I don't want to install the springs until I get new shocks.

Falkdesigns
Car: 1998 Q45t ~ EXE

I thought Onetongarage said he was gonna get them on his next container shipment???

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

He is, but was waiting for a body kit to get loaded. Might call him.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

I would have been in too but my cash is already spent with Onetonegarage on the dampers and Kevin collected my Tein money long ago. Now if those dampers will get in before soon I can get it all installed, sorry, where were you six months ago

MAX_POWERS

I am intrested in a set 60mm drop springs

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”