Y33 HVAC faceplate removal

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Y33-Q45
Car: 1998 and 2001 Q45

Have some dead bulbs in the climate control buttons in a 1998 Q45. I have managed to pop the fake-wood faceplate off except for the very bottom where it meets the ashtray/shifter panel. How do I get it off without breaking something?

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

You have to take off the front part of the center console assembly. I only know that as I watched my car stereo dude changing out my cell phone adapater cord and he started off with some screws under a plate in the center conole. He then worked his way forward and took off the plate you have in your hand. The first time he had the car when installing the new radio he did all the bulbs for me which I'd bought they were all burned out except one or two but replace all of them while you in there.

MowgliCSM
Car: 99 Q45t, 07 S550, 89 Mitsu Mirage Turbo.

Lift the arm rest and pop off the cover plate at the front. There will be two screws to remove. Then just pull the center trim plate off. The part that curves up and has the lighter and ash tray is just clipped on to the radio bezel. Be sure to unplug the lighter/light before fully removing it. Once removed you can unscrew the final screws retaining the radio bezel at the bottom.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”