Xterra stalling while driving

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
MichaelsMom
Car: 2000 Nissan Xterra

Hello, Hope someone can help me, I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra and it's stalling out while driving, then I have to wait (loner and longer each time) for it to start again. When it stalls it will sometimes start up but its like the timing is off ( which it also needs a knock sensor but mechanic says that wouldnt make it stall) so it revs like it wants to start but doesnt catch then will sometimes clunk out like its the timing or not getting enough gas. Now its reading P1320 code, so my mechanic says maybe the distributor but he checked it and looks ok. looking for any ideas as to what to do next ...help! Thank you!!!!

Buckshot

That would be where I would start we see them go out quiet abit and they will Hsiang check ok but then again hard to test while it is acting up. They are a little pricey also

MichaelsMom

Thank you for your response...very appreciated!

MichaelsMom

I'll let you know how it turns out...

Amays U G37S
Car: shoes

On KA24DE, when the Knock sensor goes out, the car will crank and run fine. But sometimes afterwards, it won't start at all. You have to wait long periods of time before the vehicle will start again. But no the car will not 'stall out'. It just won't crank.

I think if you are having a problem with one part, solving that and then going to the next issue is your best bet instead of just putting something off.

Buckshot

I have never seen a knock sensor cause a issue with any Nissan as far as a drivability issue they code up all the time and have no issue and it is a none problem with the 6 cylinders.let us know I suspect it fixes your truck I put 1 in today on a pathfinder

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”