Xterra purchase

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

Hey folks.
I'm a long time Pathfinder owner (2002) that is on it's last legs. Canadian winters have taken a toll.
I'm looking to replace it with a new as possible Xterra.
I think the last model year is 2015. Correct?
Anyway, I saw a nice looking 2015 Pro 4x low mileage on the net, and have one question:
Does this thing not have power seats, on any trim level?
Nowhere in any vehicle description on any Xterra that I've seen on line, does it mention power seats.
I'd assume that on the higher trim levels, leather power seats would be standard.
Also, are they heated?
Thx.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I have owned a loaded 2015 Xterra PRO4X .

It had heated leather seats but not power (if i remember correctly)
Think of it as a weight savings.
Low milage '15 PRO4X are rare and often come with a premium sinc eit was the last year made and the Xterra is still quite popular.

BTW the '11-15s are just about unbreakable,.. the powertain of a pickup in lighter SUV, combined with the frame of a pick us thats been shortened but maintened the gauge of steel from the pickup..

Though the soft springs limit payload a bit (not the powertrain which is hard as nails).
After market heavier duty springs are a common upgrade for the rear.
The Rockford Fosgate is fantastic.
The reversible gauges are beautiful especially during dusk.

The turning radius is outstanding (I drive a '11 PRO4X now).. breakover angle, approach angle, departure angle all are all in Jeep territory.
I've taken it on some lighter ATV trails and was fine

Buzzman

Hey thanks.
Payload capacity is not really an issue for what I need.
I don't tow anything or carry heavy loads. I just like the feel and ruggedness of an old fashioned body on frame configuration.
These new SUV's built on car platforms suck. The latest gen Pathfinder in particular is gawdawful.
(My 2002 Pathy is still on it's original springs, although the shocks have been done.)
I'm kicking myself now because I hesitated on a low mileage 2015 Pro 4X, and now it's gone off the internet.
It was only there for a few days, so someone snapped it up pretty quick.
I'll keep scanning and hopefully something else will pop up.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

The older ones can go for a song.. and the 05-10 are just as capable.
Except you may want to make sure you check for SMOD (you know how right?)
Then there is a issue with some 05-10 on the timing chain guides.. but only an issue if you near "the noise"..

I had an 05 for along time.. replaced the rad right at purchase and never any problems with the timing gear..
..so when buying a pre '10 or earlier you can still pick up some good one.. just need to pay more attention. :yesnod

Buzzman

An earlier model Xterra is not in the cards unfortunately. Simple reason: Canadian winters.
My Pathfinder actually still runs great, but the rust is eating away at it. It's sad really.
Even oil spraying it in it's early life only helped to delay the inevitable.
It also causes problems with the mechanics underneath the truck, like the brakes, suspension, etc.
I'm looking at a 2015 only because it's the last year they were made.
I'm hoping a low mileage unit will pop up somewhere that has seen limited winter use, and will still be fairly fresh.
I saw one this fall at a dealership, and there were already tiny rust spots visible. It doesn't take long.
If there were newer ones, I'd be a happy camper.
I'm not in a rush so far, as the Pathfinder still gets me to where I need to go, but I definitely need to do something before the summer.
My A/C faded out at the end of last summer, and there's no way I'm spending money on it now.
On the open used truck market, I'd be lucky to get $200 for it, especially since the check engine light has been on for a few years....lol.
I'll keep looking.
Thanks for your input.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”