XS Engineering Turbo Kit

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
OnyxZX

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I realize that a turbo kit isn't really "bolt-on." I was just wondering if the instructions that come with the kit are concise enough for someone who has a good knowledge of cars to install, or if it is better to et a "professional" do it. Also, what advanteges does the XS kit have over the Nsport kit? I'm sure this has been answered before and if so, could you just help me find the thread?

BinaryVertigo

nico and fa are all the instructions you'll ever need

aleph1
Car: 1990 240SX hatch MODS: class.

true dat - these guys know their shiznit. Helped me out many a time.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

the directions with the kit basically sucked, but it's all pretty easy to figure out (except the IC pipes lol).

later,

PaulOrlando, FL

OnyxZX

What's hard about the IC piping? Will the FMU allow me to use a boost controller? Sorry if these questions have obvious answers but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

BinaryVertigo

ic: wait till you do it then you'll understandfmu & bc: yes-demitri

OnyxZX

Do any of you guys use an oil cooler? If so, what brand? I've seen Blitz's $600 cooler :eek: but I think I'd rather get a universal cooler from Summit...

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

I got a CA oil cooler for $15 from a scrap yard, it looks like it could be bolted up onto a KA if you felt, all the CA18DE powered Pulsair's with an automatic tranny use a water to oil cooler.

GreatSX
Car: Boozing, Driving, Tattoos, and Womanizing

Hey my question, what kind of lag time is on the Nsports To4b, I heard it doesn't spool up til 3500RPMs...

K1LLA916K
Car: 2003 nissan sentra gxe

i kno this is off topic umm anyone know of any companies that make superchargers for the KA? i cant really decide what to do when i get my 240sx. i would like to go N/A but im probably not going to get far. my second option was to swap a rb25 and my third was a choice between the rb20 and the sr20 but i live in california and its a pain in the azz having to have testing and paying the guy when i will spend most of my money on the car. also its going to be another pain if i get pulled over or if the test guy takes my money and fails me or reports me. so im stuck here on my third option. either turbo or supercharge but supercharging is going to be so much easier to do and i might even get it cheaper and legally.

jdmfreak

Hmm.... I thought about the supercharger thing also, but I havent found anything.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

GreatSX wrote:Hey my question, what kind of lag time is on the Nsports To4b, I heard it doesn't spool up til 3500RPMs...

There is a difference between lag and boost threshold. They are somewhat related, but it's not like it suddenly kicks at 3500 RPM or so. Even prior to hitting the boost threshold, there will be some boost building and you will feel more power before hitting the max boost. And the only time this is really an issue anyways is in 1st gear. If you are racing, and shifting at or near redline, the turbo will respond quite quickly even when getting on the throttle from an off-boost situation.

If lowering the boost threshold is that much of an issue for you, use or build a kit that uses a T3 turbine. Or opt for a ball bearing turbo which should decrease the boost threshold by maybe about 500 RPM.

Personally, I see no need for boost that low. I'd rather have better breathing through the turbine to free up some extra HP.

GreatSX
Car: Boozing, Driving, Tattoos, and Womanizing

Yeah, I thought about it after I wrote that, it's just I told one of the guys in my club and he was all like, that turbo is too big. So it made me paranoid. Thanx for the talk down, I'm going to go breathe in a paper bag now....:D

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”