XM/Sirius Dilemma

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Zapp Brannigan
Car: 2007 Armada

Hello all -I just purchased an 07 Armada the other day, and so far love it. Only problem is it came with XM preinstalled, but I am currently a Sirius customer. Dealer was a little hesitant about swapping the XM receiver for a Sirius one. Now I've done many a car radio install in my day, and was wondering if anyone knew the level of difficulty of swapping XM for Sirius? Also, where could I get the Sirius receiver, since I assume it's not built in to the factory system, but a small box like the aftermarket ones.

Thanks in advance!

NatetheGR8
Car: 2007 qx56

My 2007 has Sirius and I want XM! maybe we could swap boxes? I think it is possible. contact me to discuss if you want. Xm gets MLB and I am not a howard fan....

Nate

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

First off, WELCOME TO NICOclub! Glad you are here! Please post some pics of your '07 beauty in the Photo/Picture Thread if you get a chance.

You should have no problem switching your receivers. On my '04 QX56 the receiver was located underneath the dash near just above the gas and brake pedal. I am sure you are both aware of this, but the XM & Sirius merger looks like it will soon be completed. Obvoiously we don't yet know exactly what this means, but it may be worth waiting before investing in a new receiver. You should be able to order the receiver from a Nissan or Infiniti dealer.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”