XM radio

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
tomdjoe
Car: 2007 M35 Sport

New here with a 2007 M35 Sport that I have had for about 4 months. XM radio question. I have looked thru some old post but need some clarification. I have the Bose 8 speaker system. When I hit the radio button I get FM am and XM channel 1. I cannot hear anything on XM channel 1 or change the channel. I also do not have the shark fin antenna on the roof. I have yet to dig into the trunk to see if the XM box is under the rear shelf in the trunk.

1. Is there another version of XM antenna that could be used in the car other then the shark fin from the factory?
2. If I don't have the XM box is it worth buying a old used unit to get XM. I normally listen to channels 100 down.
3. From what I have learned there is not really any other option then changing the whole radio out. Correct?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

If your center stack shows XM-1, the car should be equipped with XM. You don't need the 14-speaker surround system to use XM. When you confirm you have the XM tuner up under the rear shelf, you're half way there. If you can't hear anything it's probably because your car doesn't have NAV and the shark fin antenna. You will need to have a satellite antenna added - not necessarily a shark fin style. There are small square antennas as well. Go to a stereo installer. They can confirm that you have the tuner and install an atenna for it, and put you intouch with XM to activate it.

tomdjoe

I do have factory nav in the car but not the shark fin. I will have to remove the cover to see if the box is there. If so I can order the XM antenna and ad one. I have seen this part number 999U9-VS000 Nissan / Infiniti Satellite XM Antenna and it is only $10.
Thank you for the info.

tomdjoe

OK, So I do NOT have the XM receiver under the rear deck in the truck. I know I need that #28051-EH00A from section K. I know I also need the antenna and the antenna feed cable in section F. What I am not sure about is do I need 282311-EH000? Says it is called a radio amplifier and you can see it listed in section F Satellite Radio.
Attachments
M35 XM.PNG

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Have you considered just adding XM as an added thing? They sell little tuners that mount anywhere and a little inconspicuous antenna that mounts on the trunk lid. I'm pretty sure you could connect the tuner to the aux jack and leave it i the console. The complete kit costs $49.
https://shop.siriusxm.com/siriusxm-dock ... e-kit.html

moftz
Car: 2006 M35x, 140k mi

Another option is to skip the unit entirely and just stream SiriusXM through your phone into an aux jack or through a Bluetooth receiver. If you are without cell coverage many times or don't want to run up the data charges, I get it but just offering a much lower effort way to use the service.

The unit installed in my 2006 M35 is a very old receiver and can only get the original number of channels. The newer receivers can do many more channels. Not all the channels below 100 are available on the older boxes, it just depends on where in the spectrum the channel actually sits. This older unit also sounds like doodoo compared to newer units. Now that I'm using Spotify to play music more often in the car, my old satellite radio stations are almost unbearable to listen to. My antenna is slightly broken so any trees block all signal but since it's a digital stream, you either get it or you don't so there's really no effect on quality from the antenna.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”