XM Radio Song/Artist info does not update

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
webzila
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SV w/SL Package
Remote Start & Homelink Mirror

I just noticed an issue where when XM radio is on and a new song starts playing, the radio continues to display the previous song info and does not update to the new one. If you change the station and then go back to the previous one then it shows the current artist/song info but it stopped updating automatically.

I just noticed this problem, it was not like this a week ago.
Anyone have any ideas? The radio works fine otherwise. I am trying to avoid doing the memory reset / factory settings.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

have you tried to see if other channels updated or lagged to update the titles in similar fashion?

mjackson38
Car: 09 Nissan Rogue

I have seen this as well, but it happens on multiple stations so I assume that they are just lagging behind or are not regularly updated the song information

webzila

Yep, this happens on different stations. It's an intermittent issue.

webzila

mjackson38 wrote:I have seen this as well, but it happens on multiple stations so I assume that they are just lagging behind or are not regularly updated the song information
When you see this happen, try going to another station then return to the one you were on right away and see if the info gets updated. When I do this the song/artist updates so the station is changing the info but the radio does not reflect it.

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

webzila wrote:
mjackson38 wrote:I have seen this as well, but it happens on multiple stations so I assume that they are just lagging behind or are not regularly updated the song information
When you see this happen, try going to another station then return to the one you were on right away and see if the info gets updated. When I do this the song/artist updates so the station is changing the info but the radio does not reflect it.
+1

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

On the XM systems. You will see all types of problems. Mostly it is your car set up. Some systems show the whole name of the song. Whereas the Lexus only has the first 10 characters. Things like that.

Anyways, Whenever I have any issue. Like poor reception. I do a refresh to the receiver.

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/a ... TWQyZmw%3D

Gets rid of almost all of the issues. And you can do it online. Without calling the worthless XM Customer service.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

i got rid of XM a year ago. i simply find house music on youtube and either stream from soundcloud.com, stream from youtube, or rip music from youtube

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

I used to work for XM Radio AGES ago. I can tell you that this issue is not an issue with your individual radio, it has to do with the data being sent from XM. Sometimes it lags behind. Sadly, there really isn't anything that you can do to fix it. A refresh signal only refreshes the activation signal. It doesn't do anything to your channel lineup or to radio "reception"

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

ImStricken wrote:i got rid of XM a year ago. i simply find house music on youtube and either stream from soundcloud.com, stream from youtube, or rip music from youtube
BPM & AREA?!?! :facepalm: :nono:

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

:mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike :mike Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

SiriusXM

Hi everyone-

If you're experiencing this, could you please send us an email with your contact information, make/model and the channels you notice this happening on to [email protected], so we can investigate this.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

SiriusXM wrote:Hi everyone-

If you're experiencing this, could you please send us an email with your contact information, make/model and the channels you notice this happening on to [email protected], so we can investigate this.

Thanks,
THANK YOU FOR JOINING THE FORUM! WELCOME ABOARD. ITS NICE TO SEE COMPANIES JOINING FORUMS TO TALK WITH THE 'PEOPLE'.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

SiriusXM wrote:Hi everyone-

Thanks,
Trying not to sound too cautious (paranoid), I was surprised to see your post and offer of assistance. I believe the offer is legit, as does the email address provided (sorry, just leery, not wanting to sent personal info to a new member with no history or other qualifiers). SiriusXM, could you describe what level of help you can provide?

For my part, I had a display problem yesterday afternoon on the XM Blue Collar Radio channel 97.

300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

*don't mind me I'm just subscribing*

webzila

Well, I am still having this problem. I tried the refresh several times which did not help.
I also talked to Nissan service while getting an oil change and they said that they have heard of the same issue from other customers and there is not anything wrong with the radio hardware.

I actually emailed XM support about this via the form on their site. Got 2 replies from 2 different people. Not helpful at all. The first told me to do a refresh even though I said I have already done it several times. The second person sent me some troubleshooting info for Toyota/Lexus/Scion radio even though I said I have a Nissan.

I am gonna try emailing the XM person that posted here. I will send just the case # - if this is a real XM employee they should be able to look up the rest of the info.

webzila

FYI - I got a response from XM saying that this is an issue on their end and their IT dept is working on it.
Tonight, the song and artist info was updating without any issues. Hopefully it's fixed for good.

Return to “Rogue Forum”