XM Radio Question

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Sam's M35
Car: 2006 M35 - Premium Package , 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring

Why is it that the titles get cut off when they are too long??

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

With regard to your question, I assume that there is some limit to the length of the title that gets transmitted by the XM system and/or displayed by an XM receiver. Some design limit somewhere probably!

Does this happen on other XM receivers too? Can someone comment on that? (Since I do not have a satellite radio, I do not know the answer to this!) If so, it would point to a basic XM limitation!

Z

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I have the regular SkyFi 2 XM thing, and somewhere there should be a setting where you van have the titles scroll.....

it does the same thing yours does.

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Sam,

My M35 came with Sirius (I wanted XM), but to the best of my knowledge the titles are cut off as well. HOWEVER, on my wife's Acura, she has XM and the title's appear in full across the display panel. So maybe it's jsut the way Infiniti does it.

Frankie29
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

I was wondering if I can add XM radio to my car if I don't have the Journey package???

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Frankie29 wrote:I was wondering if I can add XM radio to my car if I don't have the Journey package???
Yes, an Infiniti dealer can sell you either the XM or Sirius radio and antenna for this purpose. Your car may already be pre-wired for this and you can purchase i from Everythinginfiniti.com (ask for Joe) if your are up for doing the installation yourself.

Z

P.S. I edited your post to remove the uppercase in the words ... we kinda don't want people to SHOUT ALL THE TIME!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”