XM Radio Manual?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Hey Folks!

Is there a manual somewhere that will tell us more about how to make the most of the XM radio subscription we have in our EX35s? Thanks!David

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Yea, you're right.

There's not much in the Manual... but what do you need to know ?

The Channels are all there... just pick and choose and save your favorites.

I was told by our Salesman, that you can save AM, FM & XM all on the same block of 6-presets.

I also know (cause I have XM in my Denali) that you can call up XM and have them Block chunks of XM Channels you no longer wish to scan through.

My Truck has 12 XM Presets and the rest I scan through, in case XM introduces a new channel that's up and running for a One-Month Special.

George Strait was just on for a Month... he had his own Channel... XM-17

They gave Michael Jackson his own Channel... I didn't listen to that one at all.

I did however, listen to the Zepplin Channel... it was on for a couple of Months... and XM says that it will return sometime this year.

If you are a Subscriber, XM sends you Monthly e-mails telling you of the latest and greatest offerings and specials.

Right now, you get to take your XM Radio Code and enter it into XM-Online and you can listen to it all, while you sit at your PC at Work... or at Home.

My Wife says we get it free with our new Car for 2 Months.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Thanks for the info, Dean.

Since starting this thread, I found this link for browsing the stations available on XM:http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/index.xmc
EXceptional wrote:My Wife says we get it free with our new Car for 2 Months.
I found this on infiniti.ca ... "XM Satellite Radio requires XM subscription sold separately after first three trial months."
EXceptional wrote:Right now, you get to take your XM Radio Code ...
What code is that?

In terms of usage, I was looking for guidance on how to best organize the available XM offerings using the features available in our EX35 radio, so that it would be minimally distracting while driving. I've been discovering different features as I've been using it, but was hoping for something more definitive from Nissan/Infiniti.

For example, if there was a way to organize the stations you like into separate categories (of your own making), then switch between these categories and/or easily scroll through a single category while driving.(I realize that each of the 18 presets can be set to any station and any band, but this isn't exactly what I had in mind.) Thanks for letting me know that I can call XM and have them block certain stations so up/down scanning skips them, but I was hoping to be able to choose certain ones I want, as opposed to listing all those I don't. (Oh well, no biggee.)

Cheers,David

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”