Xm radio kit in FX35

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Omahafx
Car: any outdoor activities, cars, reading

Curious if anyone has added the Xm radio kit from Infiniti to their FX after market? Is it easy to do, or does it require a dealer to install? Any info would be great. Thanks.

jb88061

I had the same question regarding the ability to do an aftermarket of a Sirius system in an FX35. I am getting ready to purchase a FX35 with Sport and Touring packages but not intending to purchase the Tech package. I also have a Sirius tuner from my previous vehicle that I'd like to have installed. Is this possible? Does one need to purchase the Tech package to make this happen?

Any help would be appreciated...

NISTECH

jb88061 wrote:I had the same question regarding the ability to do an aftermarket of a Sirius system in an FX35. I am getting ready to purchase a FX35 with Sport and Touring packages but not intending to purchase the Tech package. I also have a Sirius tuner from my previous vehicle that I'd like to have installed. Is this possible? Does one need to purchase the Tech package to make this happen?

Any help would be appreciated...

If you havent bought the FX yet. when you go to make the deal and you settle on the price tell the dealer oh yea by the way I will buy it for that price if you have this installed for me. throw that in after the dealer comes to an agreement on the price and started paper work that you havent signed yet. Be stern when you say it like your not buyin unless its included in the deal. that way they'll get a due bill on it to have it done. You would be suprised at what they will do to "make the deal happen".

jb88061

Thanks Nistech. I'm planning on going to the dealing on Thursday and will take your advice.

Great website - lots better than the Durango one that I visit now...

Jax826

what exactly does the xm radio kit do??

NISTECH

satellite radio

Jax826

so you can hear radio all around the world?

NISTECH

yes its radio station you pick up from satellite. has a different ant. for the reciever.

jb88061

Basically there are two different satellite services, XM and Sirius. Both offer about 100 different channels. These aren't channels from around the world, rather, they are different types of music all programmed by people at either XM or Sirius, or feeds from things like ESPN, CNN, etc.

Either service requires a separate antenna and a tuner that feeds into your head unit in various ways. The primary difference is that XM is about $10 per month and has some commercials while Sirius is about $12 per month and the music channels are commercial free.

The music channels are really cool. Sirius, for example, as about 60 music channels, each devoted to a different style, e.g. hard rock, metal, country, folk, bluegrass, Top 40, classical, and a bunch of others.

Sounds like I work for Sirius, but I don't - just really enjoy the product. It's especially good in areas like where I live where there aren't many good radio stations.

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Jax826

wow..seems nice!!but I doubt infiniti canada has such a service?

jb88061

I'd check the Sirius or XM websites for availability in Canada. It has 48 state coverage, so I'll be you'd get coverage in Canada - especially the southern part.

Salsa
Car: Dance

Somebody told me that he found that the promos on Sirius bothered him even more than the commericials on XM. What are they like? How often do they get aired?

Omahafx
Car: any outdoor activities, cars, reading

The promos aren't that bad, just a DJ announcing the station name, etc. It doesn't seem to be on that much.......Sirius is awesome, I am totally happy with the choice.

Return to “Murano Forum”