XM Radio Activation

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
CaribMon71
Car: 2009 FX50 Sport

Previous Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

This probably isn't news, but I wouldn't know any better because I've never activated the XM radio in my previous EX35 or in my current FX50. After driving around in a rented Hyundai Genesis with XM in Tampa for 7 days, I decided this is something I wanted to have for the rest of the year.

I couldn't find any current promo codes, but I found several old links that referenced an old promo code called ZWINBACK. With this promotion, they would give you one year of service for $77. I called and inquired about the promotion, but the representative who was assisting me was not familiar with the ZWINBACK promotion; however, she told me she'd be happy to set me up with one year of service for that price, which is less than half the normal $12.95 monthly rate.

She was quick to say yes, so I wondered if I had inadvertently screwed myself out of a better deal. I requested NavTraffic for an additional $3.99 per month (no discount), so my total with all taxes and royalties for the year was $139.86. Approximately $11.65 per month for XM radio and NavTraffic.

I need to point out that this price does not include Howard Stern, NFL or NASCAR channels... not that I care about any of that anyway. If anyone knows of a better deal, please post it here so I can cancel and get set up with something better.

The number I called to receive this price was 1-888-463-5544.

pippen99
Car: 2010 Infiniti FX35 AWD

I think you probably did as well as you were going to do with that deal. Don't know about the traffic reports since I don't live in a metro area that is served by that feature. I love XM and have had it on all my Infiniti vehicles since 2002. If you want to continue subscribing call them a couple of weeks before the end of your subscription and tell them you want to cancel because you just don't listen much. They will shoot you a similar price or whatever is the current deal. Ignore whatever they send you in the mail or e-mail. Last year I got my subscription changed over to my new FX and renewed for both the FX and my home receiver for $150. Good Luck. :biggrin:

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”