xm again ;need HELP!

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
strat 50
Car: versa

hey thanks for input about xm.i've installed my "expressR" that i ordered thru xm.i hooked up the cig lighter to the port on xm radio and ran the antenna wire outside on the roof,just what they said to do.i've tuned in to the right frequncy and it still does not work right .i ran another wire they provide with this peice of junk [nothing in the instructions about it at all] thru the car to the back window where an adhesive backed piece attachs to the "defrost wire "inside the back window.it still doesn't work.i've been on the phnoe with "xm" people fpr 4 hours yesterday.tried changing frequencies .lost ,any help?really pissed !!thanks !![ i get the stations but they fade alot to the point where you have to turn it off.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

strat 50 wrote:hey thanks for input about xm.i've installed my "expressR" that i ordered thru xm.i hooked up the cig lighter to the port on xm radio and ran the antenna wire outside on the roof,just what they said to do.i've tuned in to the right frequncy and it still does not work right .i ran another wire they provide with this peice of junk [nothing in the instructions about it at all] thru the car to the back window where an adhesive backed piece attachs to the "defrost wire "inside the back window.it still doesn't work.i've been on the phnoe with "xm" people fpr 4 hours yesterday.tried changing frequencies .lost ,any help?really pissed !!thanks !![ i get the stations but they fade alot to the point where you have to turn it off.
When you're trying this out, you're parked out in the open without any tall buildings (taller than 4 stories) or massive stands of trees around you? Particularly to the south?

If not, it sounds like a defective antenna and/or radio. I'd get it exchanged out.

strat 50
Car: versa

i don't know i guess thats my next move.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”