Xbox One X

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Is this console still the hype? I know the sales numbers are low on this console compared to the PlayStation 4. I am tempted to wait another year and pre-order the PlayStation 5, since its a great upgrade from my slowly-dying Playstation 2 slim, but dad got a free voucher from Microsoft when he went to Houston for training two weeks ago.

Also input from members about how this console (both positives and negatives), and how it performs especially when connected to the old phat televisions from the mid-2000s that have those gigantic speakers aimed towards you.

JonhG
Car: going to buy Infiniti

Playstation forever, man! Why you wonna wait for the PS5? Take now 4 pro, it is also quite powerful. Great thing, I have 4 pro. I recently bough VR glasses, I recommend to you, when you buy consol! The graphics are a bit weak, but the feeling is cool.

YinYang
Car: 1993 Nissan 300zx N/A 2+2

I'm waiting for next gen of consoles... id just build myself a gaming PC before I buy an Xbox One X.

Easydriver
Car: Infiniti J30

Guys, need your advice! I see that you are the fans of Xbox. But I'm still considering between Xbox and Playstation! which one is better and why?

datechboss101

I got the Xbox One X Battlefield edition (the gold/black color), its been the worst console I've had so far.

Controllers eat through batteries like its soup or beer, and the game selection is not great, considering most of the games are now online based. Limited options, in terms of great games.

Forza is a huge disappointment considering it allows you to modify vehicles but only makes you to race in stock configuration, and the campaign mode is way too easy. Gran Turismo is much better, and Playstation has better exclusive games than Xbox.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

That's the key. I have a PC for Microsoft exclusives. It's 10x an Xbox One X, I can play the same content on it, and I can use the same controllers with it if I want.
I have a PS4 Pro for certain Sony exclusives. I honestly don't play it a ton, but I generally like it when I do. I'm not really a Sony fan as far as the company, but I've always preferred Playstation consoles over Xbox.
When I do play the PS4 Pro, though, the 30fps gameplay is pretty noticeable. Not sure if the Xbone is better in that regard, but if it is, I'd say that's a solid point in its favor. Going from <30fps Red Dead Online to 90+fps GTA Online on my PC is pretty stark.

MichelleW
Car: ???

I was exactly in the same boat as you. I was so bored because of too simple games on Android although I could play it for free on Apknite. So I considered buying an Xbox one X. After some hard thinking and a click away from ordering the Xbox one X, I decided to wait for Project Scarlett. It was super tempting, I really really want the X (and can afford it), however, I decided to just wait for its successor. The thought of playing XCOM 2 and the Witcher 3 at so high standards is just mind-boggling but figured I would rather wait. Hope I made the right choice! In case you bought it, enjoy it! :D

datechboss101

I found the best use of the Xbox One now. It became our family streaming device (our TV was made in 2008) and we are ditching cable (Spectrum sucks). Graphics is day and night after I moved it from my gaming TV to the family TV. I cannot say how great the 4K resolution is on the X because none of our TVs has 4K resolution compatibility. I am looking into getting more interesting games, as I know more interesting Playstation games than Xbox games.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

And now I'm looking to offload my PS4 Pro since all the good games save one are available for PC.

Consoles are strange these days. Most everything is cross-platform (even for multiplayer) and consoles are pricier than ever while gaming PCs have gotten cheaper than ever. Just seems like it's now PURELY a personal preference thing and there's nothing really to separate the 3 sides (ignoring Nintendo which always stands in their own corner, happily being as weird as possible). That's certainly good. But it also means there's basically artificial segmentation in the gaming ecosystem. Which is then only made worse by the explosion of poorly-maintained developer store/launcher/DRM crap being violently diarrhaed from every direction.

Basically: whatever you buy, make sure it's not just for one or two exclusives. What a waste.

Thadi

My parents gifted me PS5 but I literally don't have time for games. This year I graduate from university so I have to pass all the exams. By the way, this website *SPAM* provides reviews of writing services so that it becomes much easier to make a choice. I know that it's a real find for students so I decided to share.
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SPAM

Return to “Gaming”