x02 True Dual

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
NissanZ33
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

Just got the x02 installed and it sounds amazing. Besides the tip on the drivers side not lining up with the pre-cut hole in the bumper, I love it. One other thing...if anyone has this exhaust maybe you can help me. Under hard acceleration I get a whistling noise coming from the exhaust. I checked for leaks before I took the car off the jack stand and did not hear or see any(since it was so cold that day I would have seen the exhaust smoke...I hope). What is your take?

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

It has to be a leak, check and re secure everything.

*if the factory tips are starting to look more like crap, try getting topspeed ti tips.

NissanZ33

I'll check everything again. The guy at Kinez performance said he would send me a new set of mufflers. Here is what I mean by not lining up...

http://s800.photobucket.com/al...issue/

...sucks

Gaijin
Car: 2000 GMC Sonoma

I love feces.

NissanZ33

Just a heads up for those of you that don't have this exhaust. I have an '08 Enthusiast and the exhaust doesn't fit. The guy at Kinz performance initially agreed to exchange the exhaust and has now gone back on his word. He wants me to get the exhaust cut and bent to fit... Not happening. Just a warning for those of you that were looking at the X02.

dleariousZ
Car: 06 Nissan 350Z Redline

I had bad fitment on my too but it was the opposite side. Yours is by far the worst I have seen though, but a muffler shop should be able to heat up some of the hangers and get the fitment in a little better. As for the noise, I have never heard one so it must be an exhaust leak.

NissanZ33

Yea, it was a leak. I took the exhaust off for now. When it gets warmer I'll have a shop mess around with it. Thanks for the input.

FeintMind
Car: 2005 350z Base

With copy products "knock-offs" or whatever you want to call an imitation..... It's all about playing around while installing. I bought a Godspeed exhaust off of ebay... as a Xmas gift from the girlfriend. (She knew i wanted an exhaust but left it up to me to order it... didn't want to get the wrong thing. Wonderful woman.) Anyway, the godspeed is basically the same as X02. In fact, i wouldnt doubt that they're all made by the same 6 year old chinese laborer.... [Political correctness is something that no longer matters to me... and we all know thats where these parts come from.]

Point is, my exhaust fit damn near perfectly, I just played with it for a while til i got the fitment I liked. If you cant get it right, I'm not at all saying it's your fault. And based off of that picture, I don't think you'll be able to. The other thing to keep in mind with copies are that they are cheap for a reason. No R&D, and cheaply made. It's hit and miss. It sucks you got a bad set, Im sorry. I just wanted to put in my two cents is all.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Buy knock-offs at your own risk. Some of them turn out great and you get a great deal. Others, You get screwed. But in the end, it's your choice: risk it for the price, or realize if you get screwed that you could have paid the price for something that you know you wouldn't have. This rule applies in all aspects of life. I've been screwed many times trying to save a penny... and when it happened, i kicked myself for it, because i knew it was my decision to risk it. The best thing you can do is let others know your experience and try to fix your own mistakes.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

'Quality' knock-offs i can live with:
-hid kit
-strutbar
-Exhaust
-Stickers
-Led Lights
-shoes
-jeans
-tie
-socks

Things that I would rather see real:
-turbocharger
-rollcage
-coilovers
-seats
-harnesses
-boobs

kuhan
Car: 2008 350Z Enthusiast 6-speed

dasoupdude wrote: Things that I would rather see real:
-turbocharger
-rollcage
-coilovers
-seats
-harnesses
-boobs
We have one thing in common. :mike

FeintMind
Car: 2005 350z Base

dasoupdude wrote:'Quality' knock-offs i can live with:
-hid kit
-strutbar
-Exhaust
-Stickers
-Led Lights
-shoes
-jeans
-tie
-socks

Things that I would rather see real:
-turbocharger
-rollcage
-coilovers
-seats
-harnesses
-boobs
Agreed in both lists!

webf2011

I too have installed X02 in my 350Z sport, but till now I haven't faced any such problem. I would suggest you to contact the dealer from whom you got your X02 installed.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”