Trans issue after transgo "reprogramming kit"

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
ffrh911
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX45

Wrote all this out and the website "crashed" wtf

Ok so went to do transgo reprogramming kit. Everything was fine but trans buddy showed up. He got involved and started messing things up. Put bolts in the wrong holes for a moment.

Everything is fine except if in 5th gear in auto if I hit WOT it downshifts to second for a moment, then bangs, and shifts back into 3rd. Hard to confirm this while driving and looking at scanner.
I'm not sure exactly what to look for on the scanner but I don't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I wrote all this out so much better the first time but now I have to leave so sorry for half assing it.

If anyone can help I can zelle them if needed. I have a video I can email or text.

Going to pull the valve body back out, clean solenoids and retorque everything.
I'm thinking either bad solenoid or the dude cracked the valve body when he put the wrong bolts in for a moment.

Greatly appreciate all help
Attachments
Screenshot_20220326-124424_Chrome.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

When you've had a browser window up for a long time while writing a post, the page will time out and give you an error message when you try to submit. Usually hitting the "Back" button on the browser and then hitting "Submit" again will fix it, but some browsers may not preserve your text. I don't usually have that problem using Chrome, but before hitting Submit, I always do a block copy on long posts anyway. That way if the page crashes, I can just paste the text back in. I know that won't help you this time, but FYI for you and others.

ffrh911

Appreciate it. I Will usually do that to but did not this time. Maybe had the page open for 10 minutes. When I hit the back button all the text was gone.

ffrh911

Anyone? I can't find any trans help at all for this.

ffrh911

Ok so went to do transgo reprogramming kit. Everything was fine but a transmission buddy showed up and decided he wanted to help. He got involved and started messing things up. Put bolts in the wrong holes for a moment and grabbed my head bit driver and tightened the bolts down all while I was in the bathroom for 30 seconds. Well I came out and realized what he did and switched everything.

Everything is fine except if in 5th gear in auto if I hit WOT it downshifts to second for a moment and then it has a harsh BANG and revs down for a split second, then goes back and accelerates like normal.
I'm not sure exactly what to look for on the scanner but I don't notice anything out of the ordinary and there are 0 codes.

I pulled the valve body back out, retorqued everything, cleaned the solenoids, etc. And it's still doing it.

I'm thinking he either broke something when he put the long bolts in the shorter holes or something else directly hydraulic related.
I know I drilled out all the holes correctly on the separator plate. Not sure what else it could be.

Oh one thing I did notice last night is that I could hear the ball moving that's under the gear selector piece that bolts onto the valve body. Not sure if I should be hearing it move around like that. Anyone else have their VB out?

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”