WTF?! That car can't drift!

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
charsiukitty
Car: 1997 Platinum Gold (KN4) Sentra GXE 1.6, *Possible Future Nissan project here*

Hey guys. I have to get something off my chest. Anyway, I recently stumbled upon an article about drifting earlier this week in a newspaper here in Honolulu. It was about "Putting the brakes" on a local (illegal) drift spot on Tantalus Drive. Now, it's not about the article that made me mad, it was the car they decided to use for their article. They (the editor/s involved) thought it best to use a car that can't drift AT ALL and add some "special effects". The car of choice? A stock 2011 Honda CR-Z! Yep, you heard right. A Honda, and a pretty weak one at best. Now, we're talking about a car which shares a platform with the current Civic (all models, including the EU-Only FN2 Type R Hatch) and Insight. In other words, an FF (Front-engine, Front Drive, if you're a n00b) with a 56-60% frontward bias. It's motor is a 1.5 liter engine (weak!; Also the same as the current Fit) and, correct me if I'm wrong, coupled with an electric motor, therefore making it a hybrid! (bleck!) Now, I'm pretty sure there's more than a few editors that autocross on the weekends they could have asked regarding subject accuracy instead of taking it upon themselves to photoshop a car they clearly are in love with. Anyway, how does anyone feel about it? I, however, feel they could have done a better job.

wannaslide
Car: r32 skyline

lol the media is stupid . do you have any pics of it ?

poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

fail

charsiukitty
Car: 1997 Platinum Gold (KN4) Sentra GXE 1.6, *Possible Future Nissan project here*

wannaslide wrote:lol the media is stupid . do you have any pics of it ?
I'm sorry I don't, but it was in the Honolulu Advertiser (now called the "Star-Advertiser") on a Tuesday in June. It turns out that the article was about curbing illegal drifting up in Tantalus by installing a sandpaper-like surface on portions of the mountain road. Apparently, the surface prevents skidding. So it promotes grip driving. Now, they (local residents) have an even bigger problem to deal with!

charsiukitty

poshatch wrote:fail
Epic, if any! BTW, I don't think any 240sx, hatch or otherwise, could be considered a p.o.s. even if it is a *little* tattered!

poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

hahah its just a signature...despite...

this chasis i am runing now is a hand me down chasis lol

the thing as abused by the past previous 3 owners that i know of. its been off cliffs. offroading. draged across trees. got an inch thick bondo on the side, rebuilt quarterpannel. suspended completly in the air and dropped again hahaha

thats that i know of

thing is still BEASTIN IT

as for that sandpaper. haha theyre just going to drift harder if they do that!

OM3GA
Car: A Sexy Mobile, 1993 Nissan 240sx 180sx Hatcher

lol wtf.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”