WTF is going on?!?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
FadeToBlack

About a week ago, my audio system started acting like it was on crack. Every time I step on the brake pedal, the subs give out a loud *thump*. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Even when I turn off the deck. Also, when switching between songs, the subs make this weird "windy" noise. I checked my ground and it was fine. What's going on here?? :help

Woodmister

Is the power wire and RCAs running down different sides of the vehical?

Is your ground within 3ft of your amp?

FadeToBlack

Woodmister wrote:Is the power wire and RCAs running down different sides of the vehical?

Is your ground within 3ft of your amp?

Yes the power wire and RCAs are running down different sides of the car. The ground is about 2.5 ft away from the amp, and its been running fine that way for almost a year now. :thinker

Woodmister

Humm, ive never heard of the thump when breaking thing, post it here http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/ You'll get a response quick...

PS- Post it in the "Installation/Wiring and Technical" section

b240

Did you get it fixed? Is your ground secure?

FadeToBlack

Unfortunately, no. The ground IS secure, and the problem is still there. The subs still make funny muffled sounds at the wrong times, especially while switching between songs. The brake/thump problem is still there. Also, while I have the turn signal blinker on, everytime it blinks, the subs thump. Goddamn. I went ahead and disconnected my subs until I can figure out what the hellll is goin on.

Metroyed

I don't know a lot about car audio, but i DO know that i had a very similiar problem in my Honda Civic audio setup. I was running a phoenix gold amp to two RF subs(not bragging, the stupid set up got stolen anyway), anyhoo, i noticed that i would get strange thumping from my subs when i didn't want them.(ussually when i turned the car on), well i didn't know what the problem was, so i had a buddy of mine come over who knew what he was doing, i never got to find out what the problem exaclty was, because the first thing we did was rewire EVERYTHING securely and with better wires(some of the wire quality i had was questionable, i learned my lesson). In conclusion, i would recommend rewiring the system, it worked like a charm for me. Since right after we were finishing rewiring the system, i never had the problem again. Im guessing it was the wire from my amp to my battery, but i guess i'll never know.

maxI30t
Car: videogames, cars, girls, and money

i had the same problem with my system. that "windy" noise your talking about it called Alternator whine. the *thump* also comes with the alternator whine. this is a sign that the speaker wires were to close to the power wire or grounds. the bad news is YES you do have to rewire...the trunk at lease to get rid of the problem.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”