WRITEUP: How to remove the center console

All things Altima Coupe.
ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

I did this in order to get the LEDs inside my cupholders...while it's technically easy, it can be incredibly trying on one's patience to get the damn thing back in place again!So, here we go...

1. Bring both the driver and passenger seats as far forward as possible.2. At the bottom corners of the console you'll see a screw on either side...take 'em out! 3. Grab the very rear of the console and give it a yank. 4. Put the seats back again. Pull off the panel in the footwells (they're just snapped in there) and remove the screws holding the front of the console in place. 5. Remove the storage box. Open the lid just far enough that you can stick your fingers underneath it and pull out the little panel up there.6. Next, pull up the bezel surrounding the shift boot. The easiest way to do this is by jamming your greasy digits underneath it and pulling up in the front.7. You're done! The center console should now pull up nice 'n easy. Be careful though as there are a couple of electronic clips under there (for the heated seats and something to do with the supplemental airbags). Make sure you unhook them before pulling too hard!

phobs

good write up, custom title!!

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Nice sandles. lol

Excellent write up and pictures.

Im jealous you get a custom title.

BlackNWhite
Car: 08 Altima Coupe

dldjros69 wrote:Im jealous you get a custom title.
Don't be jealous! Do a write up of your own. You just need a digi cam and some free time. It's not that hard!

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Probably should wait for a mod to give out the custom title before everyone starts offering it up.

Anyway, it's a lot easier to get the center console up with the seats removed. However, removing the seats is a real pain. To get the seats out you'll need a Torx 50 driver and probably even a breaker bar (those freaking bolts are on tight). Plus the seats way a flippin' ton (at least for leather with heat/power).

Good write up though. Pretty much exactly how I took mine out, though like I said I removed the seats first (I had to get under the carpet, so the seats absolutely needed to come out anyway).

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

What would i do a write up on. I stink. Lol.

Im thinking either k&n intake or header.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

DJ anything man... be creative!

Nicky Altima
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima

Sorry to thread jack..I just want to ask a quick question and don't want to create another thread..

I wanted to install b-quiet on the floor of my altima and have already removed the passenger seat, back seat and center console..however while trying to remove one of the screws on the driver seat (yes they are tight!), I accidentally stripped it and now couldn't turn it anymore..does anyone know how to remove a broken screw? especially a tight one..

Please help..

blackteam02
Car: Devil in a Blue Dress

NICE MANDELS!!!

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Nice Write Up ESP So I guess you want me to make this into an article now huh

Joking Dude!..I'll try getting it done tomorrow...stand by

headhunt3r
Car: Altima Coupe 2.5S w/ CVT

Lol this thread is like 1/2 a year old.

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

Hey Dangeris, isn't this already an article? I dunno...Man, the quality control around this place has really gone to hell...... j/k Thanks mate.
blackteam02 wrote: NICE MANDELS!!!
Dude, no mandals for me! Those are my Ecco hiking sandals...specially designed with antibacterial soles to keep my feet from gettin' too stinky! lol.Yeesh, I live in Canada and I wear sandals and flippy-floppies almost year round......I need to move somewhere warmer...

Frustr8edgramma
Car: 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5

:gotme I have been trying to find this info for a week. THANK YOU for such step by step instructions. Do you think a gramma could do this? (me) and once I get it out can I shake out a 1" square DS game my granddaughter dropped in there? The more we fished for it the further it went into the hole for the dvd wires. I finally yanked out the dvd in frustration and pushed it back even further. I HARDLY HAVE any hair left. :gotme

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”