Wrecked my M56xS

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Malbec 56 Beast
Car: 2013 Infiniti M66xS Totaled 4/11/20
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy
1983 Porsche 928 S Euro (Sold) 2/17/20

Well everyone first Happy Easter,

It comes with great sadness that yesterday at 12 noon I got into an accident. I was the only person in my vehicle, thank God.
There may be some legal action so I'm not going to go into to much however a Fed Ex delivery truck performed a U turn right directly into my path. Then to top it off he dragged me almost into the oncoming lane. The FedEx driver was sighted at the seen. We both went to the hospital with injuries.

My vehicle had to be pulled with the tow truck to separate it from the truck. They also needed to use the other row truck to remove obstructions on the wheel well of the truck.

As much as I bitched about my M it was there and then some when I needed the protection. I'm grateful for how well the car is constructed . Screw the connectivity issues etc.

Needless to say today is horrible with pains.

I can't post pics cuz I don't know how to.
Unfortunately the car is a total loss.

One thing I have to say is that both front passenger areas were unobstructed and if someone was in the other side they wouldn't lose their legs or get crushed.

I will see if CRV can post the pics that I sent him

Thanks for all you guys help over the years.

So now I have a complete BC Racing coilover suspension with the front control arms that I never got to install on my car.

It's in perfect condition and it's of no use to me now.

Let me know if you want it or know who does.

Thanks again
Andy
Formally known as Malbec 56 Beast

ken in az
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56
2002 Chevy Silverado
1989 Nissan 300ZX
2008 Ford F250 Diesel/Canam X3 Turbo

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear that! Glad you are Ok.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Sorry to hear Andy! But glad you're here to post about it!

EDIT: How much you considering letting those BC's go for?

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

Ilya,
Could you send me a text to 801-809-6698 and we can get you pics and talk about the suspension.

I hit up CRV to see if he can post some of the pics for me

CRV_33
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x

Last edited by EdBwoy on Mon May 25, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images identifying the at-fault vehicle have been removed by request of OP

reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

Sorry about your M, but glad to hear you made it out of this wreck in one piece, Andy. I think you had the rarest model of them all - the M56xS. What was the FedEx guy thinking? it looks like he tried to make a U turn from the right hand lane!

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

Thanks
Good call Reggie
He did the u turn from the side of my lane.
He was making a delivery and jumped in and did a u turn from the side of the road.
My cart had every option available except for the Aero kit.
It's going to be difficult to replace that car.
I'm pissed as ^#>€^k!

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

sorry you lost your M, but glad you are alive.
The good news is you get to go shopping and do research for another car...I love just window shopping online.
The bad news is you get to go shopping and do research for another car...it gets a little nerve wracking trying to decide on something you really love/like, that is reliable, not super common out on the roads (at least for me), hasn't been abused, the dealer's not hiding some hidden problem, etc.

I loved my M37, sold it to my father-in-law, so I know it went to a good home, but I love my RS7. Not sure if I would go back to Infiniti, prolly only if it was an M56 or FX50.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Wow! That's some hit!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I am so sorry to hear this. Not for the car but for you and what you are going through. When my 07 was rear ended by a drunk fool going 60 mph, I was lucky to get out the car under my own power. Months of physical therapy later it became clear my rugby days were over and I will never regain 100% of what I was before that crash. I pray you recover completely. There are lawyers who can try to get you a new Infiniti, but nobody can get you a 'new you'. Be thankful, as I was, to be inside a well constructed vehicle when this happened. Best wishes for a 100% recovery. Please keep us updated on your progress.

EdBwoy

Although I am sad to see another 56 taken off the road unceremoniously, I am very glad that you're here to tell the tale.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, and a similarly fulfilling ownership experience of whichever vehicle you get next...whenever you're psychologically ready for that.

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

I just want to say thanks for all the kind words from this group.
When this happened people were everywhere to help us all and were genuinely concerned about the FedEx driver and myself. I love how people regardless of race, religion or political views are here for people who are in need. Made me feel safe.
They even called my daughter for me and let her know what happened and I'm ok. I got the phone and said that it was a couple of scratches cuz I didn't want my daughter to be in a rush and risk her getting into an accident herself.
When she came on seen she immediately started to cry and was panicked.
I'm still amazed how great the car is/was in this situation.

I'm not sure what I'm going to get, possibilities are
Another Infiniti Q more than likely maybe a QX.
I'm considering a Subaru Outback or Legacy
Possibly a Nissan Rogue BUT it depends on how I fit and how they drive. I have a car with everything with tons of power but I really never used the power but it was nice knowing I had it if needed.

I will not consider German or European cars.
Why cuz of price of the vehicles and the outrageous cost of repairs oh and don't forget the lovely insurance costs.
That being said I love German cars.
I would love a Porsche Panamera turbo or a audio RS7 or multiple others but I just can't, to spendy for me.

Hell I would buy and love a GT-R any day.

Of you have others that I might have overlooked let me know.

Andy
the artist formally known as Malbec 56 Beast

Shanehsmp
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x - Sold
2012 Infiniti M56x
2016 Infiniti QX70s

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully things land in your favor.

As for the Upper Control Arms - which model and how much?

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Awful to see and hear this. :cry: Glad youre ok though.

85sport
Car: 2009 M45x (totaled)
2015 Q70L 5.6

It looks like your M handled the crash as designed. I went through this about a year ago with my M45x, but not nearly as bad of an accident. These cars do quite well in collisions. I am very glad you are OK.

You probably already know this, but when you go to settle with insurance you will need to continuously explain to them that the sample size for cars like this is very small. It is not like it is an F150 where there are 500 for sale within a reasonable area. The adjuster that I was dealing with gave me two comps that were each more than 1000 miles from my location that of course were quite low. What I ended up doing is sending them information on all of the ones for sale across the country (Autotrader, Cars.com, etc). I literally gave them a linear regression in Excel and highlighted where my car should be. We arrived at a number based on that.

I ended up with a '15 Q70L 5.6 which I enjoy, but I do still miss my M45.

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

Ya
I'm expecting a fight that's why I contacted my lawyer.
They made an attempt to contact me, FedEx, and she/they haven't returned my call but I'm sure she will tomorrow.
I got some bad news today from my doctor regarding some of my injuries so this is going to be a very long and involved process. My hope is that FedEx does what we think is right. I'm not wanting something that isn't the right thing so I will let you know what transpires.

As far as my car out was a very rare specimen and fully equipped with every option.
When I saw my car demolished and tow truck guys being aggressive with my car I was very upset. I guess I was hoping in a very strange way that the car would be able to be saved. I'm hopeful that this will be good process.

They really are in a very bad situation legally so we will give them an opportunity to be on the right side.

The car kept me safe for me and my family and I will be possibly going back to the dark side of Infiniti or perhaps Nissan.

Thanks for all your support it means a lot to me.

Andy

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

85sport

My car was a 13' M56xS so I would think that 2011-2013 awd models should work for all the components.

Do some research on them then let me know what you are thinking. They aren't ever on sale for what I've seen but I'll do my best to work a fair deal for us both.

Andy

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Malbec 56 Beast wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:26 pm
Ya
I'm expecting a fight that's why I contacted my lawyer.
They made an attempt to contact me, FedEx, and she/they haven't returned my call but I'm sure she will tomorrow.
I got some bad news today from my doctor regarding some of my injuries so this is going to be a very long and involved process. My hope is that FedEx does what we think is right. I'm not wanting something that isn't the right thing so I will let you know what transpires.

As far as my car out was a very rare specimen and fully equipped with every option.
When I saw my car demolished and tow truck guys being aggressive with my car I was very upset. I guess I was hoping in a very strange way that the car would be able to be saved. I'm hopeful that this will be good process.

They really are in a very bad situation legally so we will give them an opportunity to be on the right side.

The car kept me safe for me and my family and I will be possibly going back to the dark side of Infiniti or perhaps Nissan.

Thanks for all your support it means a lot to me.

Andy
This is refreshing to hear. Lots of peeps would try to make this a winning lotto ticket. You are proceeding as I did. My first concern was my own health and recovery. The drunk driver's insurance did the right thing. They had all medical bills sent to them and they paid for the 11 months I was in therapy and some of the hospital bills. When the drunk's insurance limits were used up, my health insurance took over so I was left with no bills. As far as my car, they gave me a generous price and actually included notes about the condition to document why they increased my payout. My lawyer and I were not looking to get a Bentley out of the deal. I just wanted to be treated fairly. The other driver was like 21 years old and was a bartender. She had no assets and it was suggested that I should attach her wages to get more money. I was really mad that she killed my car and even more mad for the pain and permanent loss of physical conditioning she caused in me. However, this girl now has a DUI with bodily harm on her permanent record. She will carry what she did on her shoulders the rest of her life and all that goes with it. A criminal conviction, loss of driving privileges, inability to get car loans, insurance, etc. I consider that a proper pennance - no need to make her future any worse than she already did.
In your case, FedEx has to answer for the negligence of their driver. You are not seeking a 6-figure payout, but your lawyer needs to make sure they are held responsible to make you whole again by covering your bills and future treatments until the doctors decide you have improved as much as you can. They also need to replace your car or at least provide a generous payout.

85sport
Car: 2009 M45x (totaled)
2015 Q70L 5.6

Please remember that this is very unscientific.

From cars.com and autotrader I found 20 M56X cars. There was only one Sport model. I built this graph based on the data from the 20 cars.
You could approach determining a value this way - it is not perfect, but it could serve as a starting point.

Looking at the graph, the one Sport model looked like it was approximately $3000 over the trendline for other cars with the same mileage. Granted there is only one Sport model in the sample so that number might not be too accurate for real values, but go ahead and go with that. Say your car has 125,000 miles on it. From the graph, cars with 125,000 miles are selling for about $12,000. Add the $3000 for it being a Sport model (seems very generous to me) and that gives you $15,000. Since these are the sellers asking price, maybe knock off 5-10% from that price.

That puts it between $13,500 and $14,250. Again maybe not perfect, but it is a starting point. Also remember that they will add sales tax on to that so assuming 6% sales tax that would put you in the neighborhood of $14,310 and $15,105.
You got injuries and medical - the value of the car is minor compared to the pain and rehab that you potentially could be going through.

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

The NADA of my car is $22k
People need to understand that every zip code carries a different market price.
When I purchased my car out had a nada of $34000.

There was one for sale here when I was looking and it was comparable to mine but it was $35000.

So values fluctuate with different parts of the country.

We will see what happens plus the wheels and tires are brand new with other things that I have in my car.
This will be I hope a fair amount.
Won't take one penny less for my car
Damn near perfect in every way so we will see what's up.
I've looked locally and there isn't an equivalent model but I'll go off of book.

Andy

Oleg92
Car: 2003 Ford Taurus SE
2012 Altima 2.5
2007 G35 Journey RWD
Current car : 2012 M56S RWD

i got my sport 2 months ago with 68k for 17999 good luck bud!

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

I'll let you guys know how it goes.
My insurance has never let me down and I how they won't now.

I don't have what it costs to replace it with another car like it. They go off book values and I hope you guys know that the state you live in changes the value sometimes drastically.

Thanks
Andy

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

Hi everyone
Haven't come to a settlement yet on my car, that should be done within the week I hope.

Just wanted to give you guys and gals my impressions of what I've been test driving. I am not trying to offend ANYONE, this is my take.

I have a set budget that I want to stick to which is the mid
$20,000 range give or take.

All I test drive were 2017's

Here we go

QX50 hell no
Same interior as my 2010 G37xS used since '08
I Really like the look of them though.
Power with the 3.7L is plenty for me.

QX60 hell no
Same basic interior as my M that I didn't mind, more up to date than the QX50
Exterior is boring as F**K, hate it. Reminded me of the Honda Pilot.
Power of both is fine for me but I can't do it
Infiniti let me down!

Continued

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

Here are the Nissan considerations

Just so everyone knows, I'm not the HP junky that I used to be. I rarely enjoyed the power of my M56xS but I did enjoy having it.

OK
Nissan
Never been in our driven these vehicles till this week.

Rogue Sport S 2020 ON SALE $10K OFF
So comfortable
Loaded with every option, spoiled by my M
Power was a bit low but it was OK
I am a big guy and I fit great in this lil guy

Nissan Murano Platinum 2017
Completely loaded
Exterior styling a lil flashy but not a boring QX60
Interior was great

I will be purchasing a Nissan Murano for sure
SL or Platinum trim level
Really loved it way more than I thought I ever would.
Power was great too

The dealer that I will purchase the car from will be Tim Dahle. They are giving a free power train warranty for the life of the car. They will do this on the Infiniti or Nissan cars both new and used.

I will let you all know
Thanks
Andy

EdBwoy

Malbec 56 Beast wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:31 pm
... They are giving a free power train warranty for the life of the car...
This is the only way I'm getting myself into the crossovers with a CVT. Which is a shame really. We looked at a lot of new vehicles comparable to the Rogue and the Nissan had them all beat. The ergonomics, features & options were better than other competitors.
It had amenities that blew the 2019 Q70 out of the water. Even the Infiniti QX50 just didn't feel up to par. Don't get me wrong, the power and driving dynamics of the Infinitis are good, but when you're stuck in traffic the Rogue will likely be more enjoyable.
The major hold back for us getting the Rogue was the drivetrain. Muranos are good. We just couldn't justify the extra cost for very little increase in size, but you get a lot from the base model.

Heck, I might need to visit Tim Dahle's website now.

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

They have some deals and all new and used if below 7 years and 75kmi gets the free power train warranty!
I really loved Driving the Rogue Sport SL
Never drove the Rogue
I really really love the Morano
I had my 25 year old with my and he was pleasantly surprised.

I just don't understand why Nissan is allowing their flagship brand to really lag behind.

I wanted another Infiniti but I wasn't impressed
I still can't believe that the 2018 QX50 had a G series dash setup.

If the Maxima had awd it would be what is get

Andy

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

FINALLY after 4 weeks to the day I settled on my M56xS yesterday and purchased my new to me 2017.5 Nissan Murano SL. YA the power is a bit let's say different from the beast for sure but honestly I hardly ever used it. The power isn't bad really and I love the easier in and out.

I don't have my own pics yet but it is a nice blue metallic with black leather.

All the options available which after my M isn't always a good thing.

Life time warranty on the power train for free but I also purchased basically a bumper to bumper warranty for 10yrs or 150kmi from today.

Now I have to relearn everything but I have Apple Car Play now which is real nice.

Andy

CRV_33
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x

Congratulations on the new purchase!

Saaax650
Car: Infiniti M37

Congrats on your new toy.

Malbec 56 Beast
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy

Thanks so much everyone
I really appreciate all you help
I fought for the value of my vehicle for three weeks and it didn't come close to being resolved till my lawyer stepped in.

It's hard to deal with the medical but dealing with the car was a royal pain in the a**.

Talked about the rarity of the vehicle which is a huge let down.
I had to do my sure diligence and try to find cars that were like.

Luck changed when a M56 popped up in Denver at an actual Infiniti dealer. Still didn't hear s*** till the lawyer stepped in.

At least this part is over.

Andy

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”