Wow, Honda stinks...even in F1

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

:poke

Did anyone see the Japanese GP last night...3 out of 4 Honda engines blew. Fischicella's (sp?) engine blew twice in one weekend.

I was happy to see Sato get 5th at home that, that was really nice. At least his engine was the one that made it to the end.

If its over 4cylinders Honda can't build it (even with Mugen's help).

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

that wasnt always the case , when honda first came to f1 in the 60s-70s they were the dominat force , they applied there motorcycle technolgy the there f1 engines . i cant remeber how many races and manufacturesres champoionships but they were up there . alot like hondas indy program , penske had to give up on mercedes and go to a honda and someone elses chassis to start winning again ,if penske saw that doing something that drastic would get him his 100th win then those kids and honda must be doing something right

but hondas raceing program and there street car program are very very diffrent .

`def-zero

yea back when f1 was just starting out all of the rules and regulations that had to do with power engine size etc were reevaluated because honda was making 1000 hp beasts.

APEXi240

Honda does well in CART too. It just seems that in F1 this year has been really bad for Honda. Every race I saw it seems that there are Honda(s) blowing their engines.

I think they'll do better next year when they are just backing one team.

P.S. I was driving my brother's Integra around today...holy s*it, the thing has 197,7XX miles on the original tranny and engine...no rebuilds. Its getting really slow, and it burns oil, but still...

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

once the big 3 get into the racing circuit as long as the others, the show will be over.

APEXi240

No one is going to catch Ferrari for a LONG time.

`def-zero

agreed.

Return to “General Chat”