Would you try this sound insulation plan on your Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

After making the jump from a ’93 Corolla- I must say I’m pretty happy with my Rogue, with very few complaints! However, I have noticed a few posts concerning road noise and a lack of sound insulation/isolation. Personally, I don’t think the sound dampening in the interior is that bad (but then again, I’m coming from a car that used to whistle loudly if the winds and speed were just right!). So, if this interests you, perhaps you may want to take something like this on:

http://www.nissanclub.com/foru....html

I first read it back in the day when I was considering an Altima. Most of the how-to information is concentrated in the first half of the thread.

Do you think this adaptable to/conceivable on the Rogue?

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

I find the Rogue much quieter than my previous 02CRV, and slightly quieter than my previous 06 RAV4. I did line the entire back of the CRV and the door panels with Dynamat and it did help with about 30% reduction in noise but it was still not nearly as quiet as the RAV4 much less than the Rogue. The tranny started acting up in the CRV and I traded it within a few months of the Dynamatt install, I always wondered if the hot summers would have created any odor issues.

If I were to consider any sound proofing I would keep it to a minimum as the added weight could effect fuel economy. I would probably address the rear fender wells as you do hear a little more noise from this area when the roads are wet. Although in drought stricken Georgia that has not been much of a problem, I haven't even been able to wash my Rogue at home since October because of a total outdoor watering ban.

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

Sound insulation in the rear wells would be an excellent idea! We have a lot of snow and ice on the roads, so the city puts down a lot of salt and gravel to help combat slippery conditions- you can just imagine the racket I hear in the back as the tire kicks up all that debris- it's like shaking rocks in a tin can!

Would you use a rubber exterior coating, interior Dynamat, or both (or would that be overkill)?

Now, if we could just transport all of this snow down to Georgia and melt it... Your water problems would be solved!

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

I would install Dynamat inside if my research found no odor issues. It seemed like a good product and the Dynamat Extreme I used was the latest product from Dynamat at that time, and if I'm recalling correctly any odor issues may have been with some earlier products or cheaper products, again I would have to do the research. You might want to check out some car audio forums as these guys use a lot of sound insulation to enhance the audio experience. I haven't looked into exterior coatings but the link in this thread has a lot of information.

Return to “Rogue Forum”