Would you purchase this used Leaf?

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
cupofjo

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/

We are looking at purchasing a used leaf and of course we are concerned with battery life. The car has 11 bars out of 12 and is a 2013 S with 38,236 miles. I'd like the car to last us at least 5 years. Is this a good deal at about $8K?

Thank you!

Joanne

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi Joanne, I doubt I'm much help. I know little about the Leaf. For an electric car purchase (even though I don't like stealerships much) I'd take it to a Nissan Dealership and pay to have them give it an inspection. One specific to electric cars where they can test the battery in different ways. The price is very competitive, but the description is pretty limited. I'd wonder if there are issues that aren't being reported. The seller's listing offers a free carfax and I'd take them up on that in addition to having a factory dealership run an inspection.

Best of luck and know that you have a cool username. Welcome to NICO Club!

mountainev
Car: Nissan Altima

Some people say leasing is a better option because Nissan Leaf is constantly improving and this is a pioneering time. But if you can get a used for a very discounted price I think it's worth it.

Here is one opinion discussing buying vs leasing of Nissan Leaf from Torque News.

Return to “Leaf Forum”