would you buy another rogue after one you have now ?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
lozen13

Personally I wish i had kept my Toyota Matrix. The Dollar was good and bought in the USA. Wanted Bluetooth and liked the look.

The one thing I have been very dissapointed with is the Keyless Ignition. It is very finicky and sometimes you need to wiggle the wheel to get it to work. It is a big pet peeve.

Also the Heater is very poor compared to my Matrix

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

We've just had our first sub-zero temps here in Iowa(thanks Canada)and I too thought the heater was a little weak. I pegged the fan speed and wow! It really honks on. A little noisy but you get the heat. Leaving it off any defrost mode also helps as does pushing off the AC light.

philipa_240sx

kerrton wrote:In my opinion all of the complaining about the tires is just nitpicking and not very accurate. I agree that there are better tires out there that would further improve the performance of the vehicle, and of course winter tires are the ultimate for winter driving, but if you drive slowly and carefully the stock tires are more than adequate for any driving condition.
I will respectfully disagree with you. The Continental's are just not great in snow.

And yes, I am biased as I have driven on winter tires for the past 9 years.

tellurian
Car: Rogue

philipa_240sx wrote:
I will respectfully disagree with you. The Continental's are just not great in snow.

And yes, I am biased as I have driven on winter tires for the past 9 years.
I would have to second that (respectfully also). I would peg them at a weak OK, but not great. I decided to use them this winter while the treads are new, but will get winter tires next year. I have only ever driven all-season tires (30 yrs now) and I think that these are the worst. They will do, if I am careful. However if it were hilly here I would change them.

I find they are poor on deep (12+ cm ) soft snow, and OK on hard packed stuff.

Out of curiosity what tire pressure are people using on these? I have not checked mine, it is whatever the dealer set them to at the last service.

tellurian (Allen)

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

Murano is to big for me and V6 would be much more fun in lighter Rogue some GM cars come with remote start my neighbors heave 08 avalanche and 08 equinox and they came with remote starter
Leo2005 wrote:get murano. it has all whistles from your requests. BTW I don't know any car that comes with remote start from manufacture.

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

So many people talk about price but lets put it this way GPS and back up camera are very cheap to install specially for car manufacturer it only costs them about $ 700 maybe even less but they try to make huge profit and charge people $ 2000 for such options if there is GPS then you heave screen so if you heave screen camera only costs maybe $ 10 to buy wholesale and in many countries they are coming up with laws requiring SUV s to heave back up camera Australia already has this law after dad killed his two children when he was backing out from his driveway and UK is trying to pass same law and its only matter of time before some big camera maker gets lobbyists in Washington DC to make this kind of law here to I drive big truck in center city every day and I heave had situation when people tried to jump behind me while I was backing up or people tried to get in parking spot and camera would of saved me treble I would not had to punch one idiot in face and then go to court and second time I would not had to brake idiots window while I was trying to get in his car to punch him in face so how hard is for car manufacturer to come up with cheap way to heave GPS and back up camera ? USPS, UPS, FEDEX city buses garbage trucks heave this cameras and let me remind you UPS truck does not even has AM/FM radio but they heave camera come on its not cost issue its just we don’t demand from them and they don’t do it that’s all !

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I see your point, I didn't realize other countries had such laws.

If a back-up camera has the power to vastly reduce the number of people getting punched in the face in this country, then I guess I have no choice than to agree with you! (By the way, I enjoyed your post, that was the longest sentence I've ever read).

kots

lol. agreed on the longest sentence.
kerrton wrote:I see your point, I didn't realize other countries had such laws.

If a back-up camera has the power to vastly reduce the number of people getting punched in the face in this country, then I guess I have no choice than to agree with you! (By the way, I enjoyed your post, that was the longest sentence I've ever read).

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

My God, I seriously hope you haven't made an enemy!

ntwrkd

YES but they are too large to "heave"

zesty2b
Car: Gotham Gray SL 4WD Sun Roof, Bluetooth, Leather

As for buying another Rogue? Well, I hope I don't have to think about that for at least a few years, but I would definitely leap for another one if there were a hybrid or electric version which improved gas mileage while still offering AWD. Can't live without that here in NE US with hockey players in the family. But daytime running lights, locking gas cap, and GPS instead of the fancy rearview mirror that opens garage doors and turns on lights would be nice. And I think the heater is just dandy. Air conditioner is less efficient due, I think, to the huge front window. Really comfortable seats and leg room are also nice features. All in all, it still beats the crossover competition.

takeshi
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I wouldn't rule the Rogue out when shopping for a replacement but I'm hoping that it will be a long time before it comes time to replace it so who knows what other choices will be on the market when the time comes?
philipa_240sx wrote:I like the Rogue's motor. It's a good balance of power and fuel economy.
I definitely agree. It's a zippy vehicle (not sure what others are doing to find it so underpowered) even when I had it heavily loaded down with camping gear on a 3,500 mile trip recently.

In any case, if I want to go faster I can drive my own car (the Rogue is my SO's).

Return to “Rogue Forum”