Would this fit inside the Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
eric_c

Anybody know if a box of the following dimensions fit inside the Rogue (seats down, of course)?

62-3/4” x 46” x 15-3/4” (W x H x D)

I'm thinking the 46" dimension is going to be a killer. That's almost 4 ft and I don't think the rear hatch opening is big enough. Wife took the Rogue to work this morning and unfortunately I can't measure right now.

jmbones

I don't have your answer, but sounds like someone is buying a Christmas gift!!

rogueboy

You could strap it to the roof?

eric_c

The plasma-bug has bitten me.

Strapping a plasma TV to the roof might negatively impact the warranty on said tv (Should of been more clear on WHAT I want to fit inside the Rogue).

I'm just trying to figure out if I can bring it home in the Rogue, or if I need to go rent a cargo van. We live out in the country and delivery is either an arm and a leg or not available.

rogueboy

Hahah yeah not a good idea to tie a plasma to the roof. Also, I dont think you are supposed to lay them flat.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Eric, I quickly checked: That would fit in (48" at the wheel well (is that the right spelling?))... the problem is that you probably won't be able to put it in!! Problem with the threshold of the rogue.

You could remove it from the box and use the foam to install it in the car, you will gain some important inches.

As for laying it down, check on the box or with the seller, but I bought two LCDs TV not so long ago, and I laid them down in the car with no problem.

Another solution, buying a smaller TV

NismoPhan
Car: ???? Nissan Rogue S AWD

DO NOT LAY A PLASMA DOWN IN A MOVING VEHICLE!!!!! They must be transported upright... risk of damaging the crystals! You can do it with a LCD but NEVER a plasma!

philipa_240sx

Brought my 42" plasma home in the back seat of my Altima... standing upright. That would be a bit of a squeeze in the Rogue though.

See if you can get it delivered... that way they are responsible for damage if it occurs.

eric_c

In case anybody's interested, I measured and the hatch is too small to fit 48". From floor to ceiling is about 30", and side to side is about 40".

The electronics forum I peruse all strongly recommend against transporting the plasma flat, and apparently some manufacturers state this right on the box.

philipa_240sx

You need one of these:

Nissan Cube

Or

Nissan NV2500 Commercial Van:

eric_c

Hey, I've already forced myself to scale back my choice from the 60" Pioneer to the 58" Panny. How much smaller do you want me to go?!?

Dunno, I'm still debating. We currently have a 53" Sony rear projection TV that has served us well over the last 5 years. Its a full 1080P capable set, still works great and produces a very good image, but its 4:3. At the time I purposely got a 4:3 set because most of the programming we were watching was still SD. Now I find that most of the time we're watching HD material, which is mainly 16:9, so alot of what we watch is letterboxed. What's really annoying is HD broadcast material shot in 4:3, like the Simpsons. The TV adds the horizontal black bars to bring the preverve the 16:9 aspect ratio on a 4:3 set, but the orginal broadcast has vertical black bars to preserve the 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 broadcast. So I end up with an image that is the same aspect ratio as the tv, just quite a bit smaller.

The kicker is that I know someone who got a seasonal job for Xmas at one of the big box stores that can get me the employee pricing, which works out to almost $1000 less than list. But I have to decide this week.
Pescakl1 wrote:Another solution, buying a smaller TV

philipa_240sx

eric_c wrote:Dunno, I'm still debating. We currently have a 53" Sony rear projection TV that has served us well over the last 5 years.
Wow... rear projection TV's have dropped off the face of the earth the past couple of years. My sister had rear pro. Toshiba ... for about 2 years as well. Then she went LCD flat panel.

Anyway, good luck on the flat panel. I love my 42' Panny Plasma. If you can find a good deal, go for it and get them to throw in the shipping!

anchises868
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S

eric_c wrote:What's really annoying is HD broadcast material shot in 4:3, like the Simpsons. The TV adds the horizontal black bars to bring the preverve the 16:9 aspect ratio on a 4:3 set, but the orginal broadcast has vertical black bars to preserve the 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 broadcast. So I end up with an image that is the same aspect ratio as the tv, just quite a bit smaller.
I hate to break it to you, but you're still going to have that on the plasma. I have a 42" Panasonic plasma and to my horror, the first time I watched an HD channel it was a show that was in a preserved 4:3 aspect ratio, but which had been shot in letterbox, so I had the rectangular ring around the picture. I thought my TV was screwed up for the first couple of minutes until I changed the channel and realized it was just the broadcast.

Good luck, though!

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

For that, you can play with the picture size (P.SIZE on my remote): It moves the picture size from 4:3 to 16:9 to Zoom1 to Zoom2.

I hate black lines on the side: I didnot buy a TV to use only one part of it.

It is a bit annoying as you have to ply with the remote depending of the show you are looking, but it is less worse until everything is 16:9.

Are we still on a car forum ?With this kind of deal, go for it: No friend with a minivan?Or you can go with a LCD, you can lay it down (I put a 46" in the Rogue).

Merry Christmas Eric, enjoy your new BIG tv

NismoPhan
Car: ???? Nissan Rogue S AWD

Go for the LCD!!! I just picked up a Sony XBR6 and I'll put it up against a plasma anyday! And yes I did bring it home in my Rogue... with my two year old his car seat in the front... I am a bad daddy. But the airbag did turn off tho.

philipa_240sx

NismoPhan wrote:And yes I did bring it home in my Rogue... with my two year old his car seat in the front... I am a bad daddy. But the airbag did turn off tho.
You obviously realize how bad an idea that is... a child in the front seat? Hopefully you think twice before trying it again!

Return to “Rogue Forum”