Worth Selling? Hmmm... Advice Please!

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
ZeeTT86
Car: 1992 300ZX

So, this may be a silly post considering the many variable factors and opinions, but I'm bored and wanted to try get a feel for what would be a reasonable asking price for my Z32 AS IS. I've owned this car for 10 years now and I've been thinking about the idea of selling it and may have a potential buyer, depending. Having a hard time deciding if it's worth it to even give them a number. It DOES need some things. Oh, and I am in Canada.

REALLY don't want to let it go but I have some other financial responsibilities I wouldnt mind taking care of. Car has never been winter driven, sparingly even in the rain and mechanically sound. Decently clean and not really a lot of rust to be seen other than a couple small bubbles/chips around base of rear spoiler. It does have its issues but is running and is driving as my daily in the summer months. If I had the money I would probably want to paint it and reupholster the seats as far as cosmetics go. You can see some swirls and stuff in paint here and there under certain lighting. Just a bit tired looking I suppose. Still gets lots of compliments, especially after a wash & wax.
Inspection expired at end of last season and I knew I would need tires to pass so I just parked it. Should pass fine with some new rubber.

190,XXX original kms
18" Stern wheels.
Nistune ECU
Dual stage boost controller
Pillar gauges
'99 factory J-spec front fascia
Factory J-spec tail lights
Spoiler from '94+ Turbo
Specialty Z catback exhaust
Specialty Z lightweight flywheel & SZ/RPS aftermarket clutch
PoP charger intake
Small amp with custom sub box
Car makes about 300whp @ 14psi

The Bad:

Intermittent high idle issue (IAC ?)
Trunk hatch compression rod stripped. Need to manually lift/hold open hatch.
Leather seats are dried out and ripped.
Passenger side cowl panel broken
No heat/AC. Fan only.
Due for timing belt maintenance

I have an assortment of other parts and stuff, including new heater core and original set of alloy wheels with tires on them, car cover, T-top covers, probably some other miscellaneous odds and ends I am forgetting.
Car comes with a bunch of documentation history dating back to the original owner, including maintenance receipts and original bill of sale from dealership.

Like I said, its 25+ years old so it isn't perfect, but I just want to put an honest number to it given the rarity of a LHD TT 5 speed around here that hasn't been to absolute hell and back. I see some online that appear to be a lot worse for wear and asking more than I personally feel is a fair asking price. Thoughts?

http://imgur.com/a/oRZRs5S

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”